Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullying in big brother....scum

Options
  • 28-05-2006 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Hey Im not a major fan of big brother but have watched nearly all the series of it although not every night...but I have watched this years one so far and I just felt i had to comment on what ****heads they all are. Every single one of them.

I felt sick watching the way shabaz was treated by them especially that little arsehole seazar. Yes shabaz was annoying but my god what they did to him was fookn ****.

It was very hard to watch and every single one of them in that house are scum. No matter what you do no one deserves to get that sort of treatment from an another. Taking his clothes after they lock him out of the house? Picking fights for no reason. Seazar is a dickhead and I hope people see what I see because it was absolutely terrible.

That leaving scene with shabaz was terrible. I cant like one person in there now they are simply dickheads.

BTW does anyone else aggree that VICTOR was the best big brother housemate? He deserved to win it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

joe123 wrote:
    Seazar is a dickhead and I hope people see what I see because it was absolutely terrible.

Agree. He is an sh*tn stirring posessive full of it idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

joe123 wrote:
    Hey Im not a major fan of big brother but have watched nearly all the series of it although not every night...but I have watched this years one so far and I just felt i had to comment on what ****heads they all are. Every single one of them.

I felt sick watching the way shabaz was treated by them especially that little arsehole seazar. Yes shabaz was annoying but my god what they did to him was fookn ****.

While it wasn't a particularily nice thing to do, it's easy to point the finger at their actions from the outside looking in. Plus everything looks great in retrospect. I'd imagine given the chance they would probably play it differently. However, their actions were very much an extreme reaction to the pressure they felt, and how worked up they were by Shabaz. Many a stupid idea was concieved in the spur of the moment.
    BTW does anyone else aggree that VICTOR was the best big brother housemate? He deserved to win it.

Maybe it's just me, but isn't it a little ironic that you are championing one the more verbally abusive, and physically threathening people that have been the the house (remeber fight night, for example), yet you complain about this years contestants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I'm going to hope that the last line was an attempt at irony.

I agree on the bullying front though. Lea ranting at Shabhaz about how she won't tolerate bullies and then she sits there and laughs while they locked him out of the house and then stole his clothes. :confused:

Lisa verbally attacking him for being a "wasteful bastard" after Nikki stood there claiming that Shabhaz had thrown out 3 bowls of food when it had been Sezer was also painful to watch.

I agree that Shabhaz was a pain in the hole but treating him like that while accusing him of being a bully was bang out of order.

There are very few housemates that I actually enjoy watching. Pete and Richard would be the exception. They are all a lot more immature this year than previous years.

I hope Nikki gets her comuppance soon. She's a nasty little bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I think from day one I have been quite outspoken about my dislike of Shabaz, I disliked him because of his attention seeking, his sulks, and general nutcase-like behaviour

However, I too expressed my disgust at the the way the housemates treated him on his last day in the house. I think we will see more of this behaviour with regard to Nikki but she is setting herself up for it. I think we will see it in particular from Sezer who seems to be a really nasty piece of work.

Its funny to me that you start a thread on bullying in the house only to turn around and say that your favourite housemate was Victor, the mind boggles it really does.

This guy was one of the most aggressive (if not THE MOST aggressive) housemate ever to set foot on Big Brother. I really strongly disliked Victor for taunts to his fellow housemates like "do you know who I am? You don't know who your messing with, I've done dark things in the past." He was a horrible creature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Like the op I missed some of the first few shows. I thought what they did to Shabaz was awful and I sat there calling Leah a hypocryt while she said I don't tolorate bullies.

I think Seazar is a nasty piece of work and for once what we saw on his audition tape was the real person not some over exadurate person. I was sickened by his diary room appearance by saying that Imogen would be serving him and begging him by the end of the week. Don't let me down Imogen don't fall for stupid ploy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Slinky>

I agree about Shabaz, the guy has some issues and I think Big Brother should have pulled him out before it got to that stage, He seemed to be Ok as a guest of one of the chat shows <bblb?>

Didnt Victor come very very close to hitting Emma ? If I remember correctly she was thrown out after the row , She was very emotional about the whole thing but he seemed to have a voilent streak
    joe123 wrote:

It was very hard to watch and every single one of them in that house are scum. No matter what you do no one deserves to get that sort of treatment from an another. Taking his clothes after they lock him out of the house? Picking fights for no reason. Seazar is a dickhead and I hope people see what I see because it was absolutely terrible.

That leaving scene with shabaz was terrible. I cant like one person in there now they are simply dickheads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Yep, I agree too. The bullying of Shabaz was very disturbing and difficult to watch.

And Seazar is a nasty piece of work indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

I agree on the Shabaz front, and now I see them turning on Nikki.
    Nikki is also as fragile as Shabaz was and she wont be able for them in my opinion so she'll either end up being one of those nominated by the majority, or may end up being taken out/walking for health/mental reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

The bullying of Shabaz wasnt right, but calling them collectively scum isnt right either.

The mob mentality sets in, remember it from school, interesting viewing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

It was very interesting. The only one to stick with him was Pete. Rest are idiots.

Nikki is a real stirrer as well, another on the verge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,469 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bamboozled wrote:
    I agree on the Shabaz front, and now I see them turning on Nikki.
    Nikki is also as fragile as Shabaz was and she wont be able for them in my opinion so she'll either end up being one of those nominated by the majority, or may end up being taken out/walking for health/mental reasons.

She the whingey one who want's a real man/pretty boy (contradiction in terms, I know)...? She's hilaroius!! Any shallower and she'd evaporate...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Yip thats her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Bamboozled wrote:
    Yip thats her.

It was her that urged stealing Shabaz's clothes while he swam, although she forced others to carry out her work. She deserves it to come back at her. Goes around comes around.

Oh i know that. its in one of my posts somewhere.

I just meant that they're picking off the weaker ones - IE Shahbaz, Nikki

Anyone that doesnt fit in with the Prat Pack or is useful to them somehow.

IT was cruel when they did it to Shahbaz, because he was ill.
    It's the same for Nikki.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

joe123 wrote:
    felt sick watching the way shabaz was treated by them especially that little arsehole seazar. Yes shabaz was annoying but my god what they did to him was fookn ****.
    Yeah have to agree with you here, that turk sezar is a right little sh1t if you ask me. The abuse and bullying he gave Shabaz that morning about the cereal, was totally wrong. I wish someone would have punched that little twat in the gob. The only person to give any sort of sympathy to Shabaz was Pete and George (to a lesser degree). Someone should have urged him or BB to leave the house. It was a major fault on BB letting him into the house.

I thought Richard was assuming the group mediator (much like Dan did 2 years ago), but he just took the side of the group, and cut off Shabaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

joe123 wrote:
    Hey Im not a major fan of big brother but have watched nearly all the series of it although not every night...but I have watched this years one.......

Is it me or have u contradicted urself twice in 1 sentence here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭BigWilly

To clear something up, Victor was never a bully. He almost hit emma? What big bro were you watching. She began to get very violent towards him and iirc called him a 'black ******'. He stood up to her was all. It was an arguement. He didn't get all the housemates together and talk about how they should bully people. In fact when his friends were being harassed he stood up for them too.

Dislike Victor all you want, but for 99% of the show when he was on it, he was just a funny guy who had fun.
    Get over yourselves..

Victor was never a bully
    What big bro were you watching

Indeed.

BigWilly wrote:
    Dislike Victor all you want, but for 99% of the show when he was on it, he was just a funny guy who had fun.
    Get over yourselves..

Difd you watch that series with the sound off by any chance? :rolleyes:

He may have been funny at times but he did make a lot of veiled threats to people in there.

• Advertisement

Thank You!!

remember teh wedding task when he was SUPER abusive to the little blonde one...Shell was her name I think??

I think it was then he was roaring "do you know who I am..."

No, it was the night with Emma "Fight Night" - that was when Stuart had him in a head lock and was shouting at him "Slick" when Victor was roaring that stuff.

I'm surprised Stuart didnt get a punch in the face. If it was anyone else I'd say sparks would have flown. It was only Stuart that kept him off Emma so he was gonna go for someone.

Maybe he did shout it at Shell too. I dont know. I cant actually remember much about the night of the wedding as I was moving house. It wasnt long though before I got the TV connected :D

Bamboozled wrote:
    It wasnt long though before I got the TV connected :D

hahaah I'll bet! I'll be in London on the weekend of the penultimate show, I'd love to go see an eviction.

Start entering the BBLB competitions so!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

First of all im when i say im not a major fan, I dont watch bblb, I dont watch it every night nor do I bother watching every eviction.

Secondly Im not being ironic when I say Victor was my favourite...he actually was. I know my post is about bullying but there is something alot different from what Victor did and what 13 housemates did to one person.

Shabaz had no one ( not even the guy with terrets sp? ). Walking out of the room when he came in? All were sheep bar one. Locking him out of the house? For the person who replied and said its easy looking in and its a quick reaction to the annoyance of shabaz being in the house...first of all they had plenty of time to think about their actions. Maybe the likes of glynn and the quiter ones were to shy to stand up to the likes of sezar but still what they did as a group to him was terrible.

Victor on the other hand for the most part was good fun and had the craic. He was nice to people alot of the time although he had a temper. But you cant forget the way they tried to rile him up. The bald fella and emma? They were in his face and really did insult him. He has a temper and THATS what you would call a quick reaction. Not tying a door, locking someone out and sitting laughing and then deciding to take his clothes....emotinal bullying at its worse...a far cry from victor loosing his temper when he was ganged up on by emma the bald fella and nadia. Victor had a temper but did have a good side...

This crowd especially Grace, sezar and richard. They are bullies. And now there ganging up on nikki.

If you think Victor is the same as the likes of grace and sezar I cant see it. Its my oppinion but Victor seemed like a cool guy with a temper. The ones ive mentioned above seem like nasty bits of work who think they are superior to everyone else. Grace and sezar are the worst they annoy the ****e out of me. Ah well the world cup will take my mind of it :D

btw if ive mixed some of the names up sorry but i think i know who im on about in this years series anyways.

It is hard for quieter ones to back away from the louder "group". They did work as a "mob" against Shabaz. They had time to think and calculate.

Victor: I can see where you're coming from with the bit aobut his reactions and temper. Yes the bald fella (Marco) and Emma annoyed him. They annoyed a lot in the house and the rest didnt react like Vic did. But i do not agree that he wasnt a bully. Plenty of times he muttered the "do you know who i am" "do they know who i am" when he was within airshot of the rest of them and with jason. The only difference I see is that he was alone in his bullying and tried to intimidate those that were weaker than him in a slyer way than the group did to Shahbaz. They openly discussed it with each other and didnt care about the cameras catching them. Vic tried to do it on the sly.

Just my opinion, and remember, we all see different things in different people.

If you think Victor is the same as the likes of grace and sezar I cant see it.

Well say he was in the house now...do you think he would have stood up for Shahbaz? I highly doubt it..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'm completely convinced that Shabaz was/is mentally ill and needs help. The mob rule mentality was unbelievable! Unfortunately Pete, while very intelligent is unable to sufficiently express himself or take an authoratative stance but I could see that the bullying upset him.

Nikki has been getting a lot of flak, God knows I think she is spoiled rotten and obviously has no clue about real life but again I could see how earlier in the day that little b1tch Grace was stirring the pot.

Grace reminds me of those uber-bitches you see in American high-school films, using behind-the-back malicious character slating language and generating an "exclusive" club-like feeling. Then the smart b1tch decides to be the one to "act" adult and be the one to smooth the wrinkles by having a heart-to-heart with Nikki.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Just reading about Victor. I agree with Buffy Bot and Bamboozled about him, but there was something about Marco which was really nasty, he would wind people up and run off when they exploded. BB still was never taken to task over fight night, as you'll remember Emma and Michelle had been wound up for days in the private room before being let back, with loads of booze, that was bound to happen. I still remember Emma and Marco and someone else jumping up and down screaming whilst Victor and Jason looked on, really pissed off. Four hours later they were all swinging for each other.

Regading this group, Pete didnt leave with them, he stayed with Shabaz who told him to go, lest he be also picked on. The real ringleader of all that was Richard, who couldnt really face being out-gayed by Shabaz. That said, Sahbaz has an obvious self-destructive tendancy and I think he actually went along with some of the bulyling, esp the tape on the mouth. They took advantage of a man who had serious problems and now it is happening again with Nikki.

Luckily for Lea that Sam came in last night, I have a felling that Richard wont at all like him either and he'll be the next to get the gang treatment. As for Sleezer, the second he's nominated he's gone, and good riddance. This years Maxwell. Pup.

• Advertisement

r3nu4l wrote:
    Grace reminds me of those uber-bitches you see in American high-school films, using behind-the-back malicious character slating language and generating an "exclusive" club-like feeling. Then the smart b1tch decides to be the one to "act" adult and be the one to smooth the wrinkles by having a heart-to-heart with Nikki.
    Perfect. That's her to a T

Marco was like a spiteful little girl in that BB and he did push the lot of them to the limits.

Sam and Richard? I dont know about that. He was having a fine old time getting his hhands massaged by Sam today and spent a lot of the day chatting with s/he.

I did notice that as soon as someone that wasnt used to their ways arrived, that they backed off Nikki. Probably figured that the new ones would be easier to target than Nikki was and they could get her when the two new ones were out.

Advertisement