Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andy Johnson to sign for Everton

• 29-05-2006 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/index.php?page_id=10147

Doesnt say how much Everton have offered, i dont think he has done enough to warrant 7 million+ so im not jumping for joy. Apparantly hes good mates with James Beattie and thats why he chose Everton.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

where does it say he's signed for everton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

he is quoted as saying "I have decided that my footballing future lies at Goodison Park with Everton" so i wuold guess that wraps it up pending a medical.

the offer was 8.5m pounds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

el rabitos wrote:

Nowhere, but it very much seems he will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yep, £8.5m was the minimum Simon Jordan would accept, and AJ always seemed to prefer a move to Everton ahead of Wigan or Bolton, so it was just a case of the Toffees stumping up the cash.

Me, I think Everton fans should be ecstatic - he's a great player with a proven goalscoring record in the premiership, and Moyes has done well to sign such a player. He'll bang em in next season, mark my words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

So what's happened to Palace accepting the Wigan bid?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

The 25-year-old Crystal Palace striker was given permission to talk to Everton on Friday after Bill Kenwright and Eagles Chairman Simon Jordan reached agreement over the potential transfer.
    He (Johnson) told evertonfc.com exclusively: "After several days of careful consideration, I have decided that my footballing future lies at Goodison Park with Everton - news I wanted to share first with the readers of evertonfc.com.

2 + 2 = 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

So what's happened to Palace accepting the Wigan bid?!
    Palace accepted any bid that reached the £8.5m offer that Simon Jordan demanded. So Bolton and Wigan were both in the running, but AJ wanted to go to Everton, so Everton bumped up their offer to the 8.5 requirement.

And abrakedabra, AJ's a toffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Johnson and Beattie up front at Everton could form quite a partnership.
    They will work really well as a pair, both complementing each other stylistically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

PHB wrote:
    They will work really well as a pair, both complementing each other stylistically.
    Was thinking the same, reckon they could easily hit 30+ next season in the Premiership, barring any injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

PHB wrote:

not so sure..Dont think we currently have the midfield to provide the assists for these two guys.

VDM could be on his way out this summer...we are in dire need of two wingers. kilbane aint the answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Beattie and Johnson could be great, but just never can tell with strikers.

And today Lescott finally signed. Please God Weir takes the hint and takes a deal in the championship. In Lescott and Joe we have a potentially very strong pair, provided Lescott is indeed fully recovered from knee injury and Joe is given whatever is neccessary to stop him leaving.

Arteta plays well on the right wing, and Cahill/Neville are satisfactory in the middle if not very creative. it seems VdM is on his way out, which is a pity because he looked like a player with potential if only he could get fit enough to play in more than 3 games at a time. Maybe Ossie could make it there, it'd be a pity if there's no place for him in the first team IMO.

so, left wing please Moyesy. Wouldn't say no to another full back, we have no cover for hibbert really (Neville I guess). Hibbert himself is a tenacious tackler but very limited going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm delighted Johnson got off to a good start. One of the most underrated strikers in England and one was one the first names in my FF team. :) He was excellent against Spurs in a team with a man down for most of the match. If he took Everton's penos he'd have 3 goals by now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

flippin' arteta! only for him i'd have 3 goals from AJ too :mad:

AJ came in for so much criticism from people on this board...good to see he's proving them wrong so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

AJ came in for so much criticism from people on this board...good to see he's proving them wrong so far

True but tbh he's never has to prove anyone wrong, his golascoring record has always spoken for itself and hopefully more people will realise that aside from his goals he's one hell of a talented footballer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Great for AJ, back in England squad and looking a bargain at twice the price

Beattie needs to get himself in order, v. bad start to the season. With a rejuvenated McFadden, up and coming Victor Anichebe not to mention lots of midfielders, we can't afford to play soembody who's not firing on all cylinders.

Maybe getting dropped will add some fire.

Advertisement