Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing the pitch?

Options
  • 29-05-2006 6:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

hi i started to make rap music,things are coming together nicely but,although i dont have an accent which is good and my voice is clear,i would like it if it was deeper,i dont know **** about making music on a computer and all that,so i plan i doing a sound recording course some time soon but for now i just want to ask how effectively i could achieve this?thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Didn't you ask this before?

I don't really see why you need to make your voice deeper. Its your voice, should you not just use it to the best of your ability? Anyway, you can't just adjust the pitch of the vocals, it'll sound really unnatural and bad. I think there are programs out there that do stuff like this. Melodyne could be one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

changing the pitch of your voice, to make it lower can give a darker edge,if that is what you want, like alot of Tech Itch's stuff.
    check out http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF189361-01-01-01.mp3

if that is too low ;), maybe boosting lower frequency ranges using EQ might make your voice sound deeper, not sure really.

check out the pitch bend features that are usually available in most recording sequencers now a days.
    wavelab & sound forge could probably help also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

If you use pitch bending on your voice you'll have to bring it down an octave to keep it in tune. That'll make it sound all screwed up. Better to try compression and EQ

Advertisement