Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

circular saws

• 29-05-2006 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone recommend a good circular saw.. I need to buy one primarily for cutting 2x4 but would be handy for other jobs.

I was thinking Bosch but what about other makes.. Skil, ROK ?? Which is the best?

Also where in Kildare/Dublin area is the cheapest to buy one?

Cheers

Jayoo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

There is a range of them in B&Q in Liffey Valley, I was looking at them over the weekend.

Starting from 50/60 ish Euros up to hundreds depending on manufacturer and blade size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Bought a Bosch 2 years ago 100E's for occasional use no problems!!!

Let us know how you get on!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

I bought a Makita one from B&Q about a year ago Great saw Only bought it cause one of the friends had one as well and I had used his Quite cheap too About €130 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

My carpenter hubby recommends the Makita saw and one of his apprentices has recently bought one for under €140 (€115+VAT). He reckons it would last 2 - 3 years for a carpenter who'd use it the whole time and for the average DIYer it should last for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

I have a couple of Makita saws and would find it hard to buy another brand because of the service they have given.

The oldest is over twenty years old and has taken a lot of abuse, the main thing with any of the saws is to make sure you use the correct blade for the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have to go with the makita too, I have a 5704R with a 190mm blade and it will cut nearly anything all day long.
    There is nothing more annoying than not having a saw big enough to do the job so make sure that it has enough capacity to deal with anything that you need to cut in the future 6x2 ,4x4 etc

Advertisement