Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

import an rtf file into access

• 29-05-2006 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

ok i am having problems taking the information from word and placing it into access 2003. i have converted the file from a doc to an rtf to no avail

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Word? Access?

Open Source??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

oops i must of post it in the wrong section what forum should i have posted it?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

At a guess, Windows.

(Yuck.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

You may also want to describe the problems...

ok a friend of mine has created a table in word i was wondering can you import the table from word 2003 into access...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Unless you copy (From MS Word) + Paste (Into Excel), no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Karoma wrote:
    Unless you copy (From MS Word) + Paste (Into Excel), no.

Not true - in Word you can save the document as an HTML document and import this into Access

worked like a dream thks gosh for that tip...i have another question how can you link the information from access into word like mail merge...for example if i am doing a letter in word but have all the info in access is there away to get the info from access into word document

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Assuming you're using Word 2003. In Mail Merge you can specify an Access database as a data source (it's the icon that says Open Data Source).

Advertisement