Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pub in limerick

Options
  • 29-05-2006 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm new to limerick and i'm just here for the summer on work placement. We're trying to organise a night out for all the other students on placement with this company as well but since we're only new here, i've no idea where the good pubs are. Any suggestions for a pretty decent pub to bring about 30 21 year olds mid week?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

In town or in the suburbs ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

If your looking for one in town, may I suggest Mickey Martins. I was there for the 1st time last week, and its really cool.

Edit: Not very big tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

In town would be best as we'll probably go to a nite club after. Also, is trinity rooms open during the week?

Of course trinners is open during the week.

Willstev Mickeys is a great pub there every wednesday nite good people good tunes and great Guinness. Nancy blakes is always good for a crowd of people. Can also try Mojos. I'd personally avoid Aubars and the old quarter. You can also tr the cornmarket good pub if a little expensive laods of space though. Nite clubs well trinners is always open or Mollies if you prefer a late nite pub atmosphere

• Advertisement

Ya sioda , I think its one of the coolest pubs I have been in, plus as you said the music is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

Ok, thanks for the replies. Will probably give Mickeys a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah the Cornmarket is big on the inside, the pint is expensive in there though, €4.20.

You also have Smyth's which is pretty big. You have Nancy Blake's across the road which has the Outback beer garden, ideal for the smokers among you.

There is also the Locke bar which is at the opposite side of the canal across from Trinity rooms. The Locke has a very nice sit down area over looking the canal and if the weather is nice it is a great place to sit. It would sit 30 people out there no trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

bazz26 wrote:

There is also the Locke bar which is at the opposite side of the canal across from Trinity rooms. The Locke has a very nice sit down area over looking the canal and if the weather is nice it is a great place to sit. It would sit 30 people out there no trouble.

Always forget about the Locke have been going to the Curraghgower lately musch micer view and a pint of plain is 3.60 or 3.65 as against 3.90 in the locke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

sioda wrote:
    Always forget about the Locke have been going to the Curraghgower lately musch micer view and a pint of plain is 3.60 or 3.65 as against 3.90 in the locke

Yeah the Curraghgower is a lovely place.

Advertisement