Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for a garage near Skerries

Options
  • 29-05-2006 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I need to bring my Micra for a service and I moved to Skerries recently.

I used to take it to Windsor Airport but they've proven quite incompetent so I really don't want to go there. The car's been mostly trouble-free so far, I had some problems with the clutch and brought it over to Windsor to fix it.

They charged me for cleaning the ducting, said it was fixed, and sure enough the problem was still there. Brought it back again, got charged for some other random job, and the clutch was still acting up.

I finally brought it to a local garage in Santry, where I was living at the time, and sure enough the clutch needed to be replaced.. No problems since. I even searched on google and this is apparently quite a common problem with Micras, so how an official garage couldn't fix it is beyond me.

I'm just looking for a decent garage that's nearby, so I can get a bus or taxi (or train) back home after dropping it in for a service.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Derek Weldons in Rush accross from the Centra.

I don't have any contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Kellys garage in Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Netman let me know how you get on I live in SKerries as well and am also looking for a decent garage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Kelly's garage in Lusk (Dublin side of the village, the Statoil garage) are pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Glen Tyres in Balbriggan are excellent, honest and good value too have had our last three cars worked on there. Always very busy though.

• Advertisement

Thought he just did tyres, has he branched out now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

blastman wrote:
    Thought he just did tyres, has he branched out now?

Been servicing etc. for years but there's really just the two of them hence you can be waiting a couple of weeks if it's a clutch job or something similar. Glen knows his stuff and is very honest and up front about whatever needs doing.

I'd given up looking for a mechanic in Balbriggan by then and moved further afield, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

+1 for Derek Weldon in Rush. www.weldonmotors.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Thanks folks!

I'm bringing it to Derek Weldon's on thursday! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement