Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

animated sig

Options
  • 29-05-2006 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

I jsut realised that my signature was in breach of regulations as it was animated. I am just wondering why animated sigs are not allowed. Can you please explain?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

because the Admins who own this site said so

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

I can see that as I read the forum rules after you pointed out my error. I now wish to know why. Can u give me more than a 'said so' answer?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

How about - cos the Admins said so and as it's their site, they can do as they please?
    also
    I never asked, but I'm sure it helps with speed of the site on some level

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Beruthiel wrote:
    I never asked, but I'm sure it helps with speed of the site on some level

Ok, thanks for that. Hope I wasn't too much of a pain. Til next time..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Animated sigs are basically annoying, like animated avatars. They do take up slightly more bandwidth for each user to download but I think that the main reason is due to tacky, annoyingness that disrupts the flow of threads. And they're annoying.

Animated sigs are annoying basically. And tacky. But mostly annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

pwnt.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

One day, back when I used to work for DeVore, we were talking about the concept of animated sigs. Then we came across a forum which, in DeVore's words "twitched like a junkie in need of a fix". Hence it was decided that no matter how much improvements in bandwidth removed the download-size reasons for not allowing such animations, animations would never be allowed in signatures or avatars.

Advertisement