Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Drogheda Swimming Pool

• 29-05-2006 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29

Has anybody been to the new pool yet in Drogheda.

What is the facility like. I am hoping to bring my 2 1/2 year old there later this week and would appreciate any feedback in advance.

Thanks,

Paul24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Red Fan X5

Passed the pool today at about 3 pm. The car park was packed. Plenty of people in the pool too. I didn't go in, instead I went to KFC to sample their "finger licking" food.

Yum, yum. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

My kids went down on Sunday it was packed they said its fabulous though. I think it quite expensive too. Thought they would have had say a family membership for swimming only or gym only instead of charging nearly 1000 euro and lumping the two in together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭loopyloulou

can someone give me directions as to where exactly it is????

Where are you coming from? It is beside LMFM on Marley Lane its well signposted too.

gonker wrote:
    Where are you coming from? It is beside LMFM on Marley Lane its well signposted too.

coming from aston village

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

gonker wrote:
    My kids went down on Sunday it was packed they said its fabulous though. I think it quite expensive too. Thought they would have had say a family membership for swimming only or gym only instead of charging nearly 1000 euro and lumping the two in together.

Yeah what the hell? It's a fscking COUNCIL pool! People pay 700 euro gym memberships so they don't have to mix with all and sundry, I wouldn't be too happy paying 1000 euro for a family membership and having to share my pool with any local scumbags who come along...

come into the town over the bridge of peace swing right when you come off the bridge up the rathmullen road and its about a mile on your left at the top of the hill it is signposted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

What a small pool for such a large town, what were they thinking of? Was there last night, it was packed, even the so called swimming lanes were full of people just padddling and standing around. The pool was already full at the start of the session from the aqua airobics class that had remained on from previous session. Think I will pay the money for a private club. I guess the numbers might fall when the novelty and the hot weather wear off, or I hope at least.

Advertisement