Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OpenLazslo?

Options
  • 29-05-2006 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know about this? A guy is doing up a site for a customer and is using this. The site doesnt show up properly in FireFox and to be honest i've never heard of it.

Anyone?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

http://www.openlaszlo.org/ ???

(I pasted the word into Google and it spellchecked it. You did google, right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Was looking more to hear from people who have used it or know someone who has. I looked at their site but its opinions i'm after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Fair enough. Looks cool but could be a usability nightmare, and would almost certainly be an SEO nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

It's definitely supposed to be OpenLaszlo. I remember searching for information on it and forgetting to add the 's' before the 'z'. I then wondered how so few results were being returned! I do remember reading a good review of it somewhere on the Internet which I now cannot find :( From what I remember, it mentioned that the existing controls don't scale well. I think there is a grid control which works fine when displaying 10 records but slows down horribly with 100+

As regards information, trythis article.
    Also try Laszlo Systems or Wikipedia

I was going to use it for a project but after evaluating in for a while we went with something simpler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭comer_97

you need to get a plugin for firefox, should be able to get that from mozilla.org

At first glance it looks cool but it doesn't really do anything great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement