Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

reformating my pc

• 29-05-2006 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

i am trying to reformat my pc and am running into difficulty with it.

i insert windows xp operation disk and resart
    I press f12 fior the boot options and select IDE cd rom, and it just brings me back to my desktop it doesnt boot from the disk at all.

i then set my ide drive as the frist boot option and tired again but nothing it is just doing the same... loading normally and bringing me back to my desktop

(using a dell 4600 btw)

any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

if you try boot from the CD do you hear the CD spinning? (it should do so)
    If it's spinning is there a line saying "If you want to boot from CD press any key now"? (you should press a key then)

IB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Moved to a more appropriate board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Are you exiting the bios without saving??? Has your machine a floppy drive?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I'll move this soon, since it ain't a windows problem if you don't get the option for windows.

verify you can read the CD when XP boots up.
    use isobuster to verify it's a bootable CD
    Then again all genuine XP CD's are bootable. (NT4 / 98 and later are also bootable - 95 wasn't)

clean the CD

if you have a floppy drive you can make a boot disk by right clicking on the floppy drive - its Windows ME of all things :rolleyes:

in a dos prompt of the i386 folder of the CD run winnt /cmdcons
    I don't think it will let you format the drive though

Advertisement