Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service warning

Options
  • 29-05-2006 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Ok girlfriend is selling her A3 because she is off to Oz for a year and no point leaving a car sitting around for a year

Now I get the car serviced regularly with a mate of mine who actually services them proper(new pollen filter etc) while any garage I have got my cars done in seem to do a hard arsed job and charge a fortune

Problem is when you start the car it comes up on clock telling you to service it, I had same problem with my last passat but sold it on. Was wondering is there any easy way to get this off the car? have a new passat and bro has an A4 which is soon going to have the same problem.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

http://www.seatenthusiasts.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56481&highlight=service+indicator

Try this, it worked on my leon, so should work on the Audi, same dash as far as I am aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Can you post here, need log on to view that page

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AFAIK the owners manual has this info in it. Some early A3s can only be done via a diagnostic computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just done a bit of checking - Try this:
    1. Press and hold the button on the right side of the dash (small button for resetting mileage/clock)
    2. Turn ignition to 'On'
    3. Release the button - the word 'service' should appear in the dash
    4. Turn the button on the left of the dash to the left.
    The indicator should be off now - turn car off, withdraw key and turn on again to check.

I hope this works............

Sorry just some more info, the service light is coming up on the computer screen and not on the milage, anyway to remove this?

• Advertisement

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I know in my car you can reset it by shorting out a pin in the diagnostics computer plug thingy under the dash. Maybe you can do something like this?

edit: look for 'a3 reset' on eBay and there are several results there.

I know in my car you can reset it by shorting out a pin in the diagnostics computer plug thingy under the dash. Maybe you can do something like this?

edit: look for 'a3 reset' on eBay and there are several results there.

Dont think I am going to try and short out anything, will prob blow it up:D

Ok seen this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Service-Light-Reset-Audi-A2-A3-A4-A6-TT_W0QQitemZ4647243519QQcategoryZ10372QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone have an idea if this is any good?

Advertisement