Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows XP problem

• 29-05-2006 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm having a problem with my laptop. It started two days ago when a little bubble appeared (as it always does every time I boot my laptop) saying there are Windows updates ready to be installed. I'v always ignored it but whatever mood I was in I decided to click on it. It installed two updates (can't remember what they are) and all was well. Since then though, MSN messenger always loads up on startup (even though I'v set it not to in the options) and my laptop started to freeze completely. Twice, the monitor has gone wacky, like a really bad reception on TV and today I got the dreaded blue screen when I tried to shut down.
    Any advise would be much appreciated. Anyone heard of something like this happening after clicking on a Windows update bubble (I'm 99% certain it started with that).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭retrospect

you can try and stop microsoft messenger starting up using the msconfig
    utility ,not to sure about the other problems ,i'll ask around for you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Never update,eh? Heh. Was it "service pack 2"?

Check Device Manager for any obvious hardware conflicts [Start->run-> devmgmt.msc --> look for any yellow circles with an exclamation mark!)

Get the information from the blue screen, using pen&paper or photo.
    Make the blue screen stay on the screen: Start -> run -> sysdm.cpl ,3
    Click Settings under Startup and Recovery and untick Automatically Restart & tick it to write to even log.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Check your Event manager to see what was happening if you got an application conflict or something like that as well

Advertisement