Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

quarter life crisis

• 29-05-2006 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi all... right ive been with the boyfriend for over 2 years, my first love. im 20 hes 21. over the lsat few months the relationship hasnt been great with fights and stuff. and theres no sex whatsover and thats me not wanting to. erm.. well a few weeks ago, he broke it off sayin we dont think on the same lines etc etc. that was fine. was upset but knew id get over it. a few days later after no contact he txt me saying he was having second thoughts. we met up, he got really emotional and said he didnt want to break up. i agreed to try again but whilst we were broken up i ot in contact with a mate from a few yrs back who i cheated on the bf with hence the not talking to him for such a long time. anyways i ended up meeting this fella again. i was overcome with guilt eventhough i wasnt with the bf. i wanted him back(the bf that is) but over the past few months ive been getting this feeling constantly in the back of my mind telling me that im too young for a long term realtionship.im headin on olidays witr my mates this summer. and i keep having very single thoughts. i really dont wanna mess him about. id miss him and his family lots cos weve grown close. im scared that id be mking the biggest mistake of my life by leaving him. hes changed over the past few weeks, more attentive, he says he took me for granted before. we dont share the same interests like i like clubbin and stuff, he dosnt. id like to be able to go to a club and have a great time with him but i cant.
    please give me some advice. im going out of my mind.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

Sounds like its dead to me.

Best thing is to break contact and get on with your life, your only young.... And yea i know all this is cliche'd but it really does work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

yeah youre only 20 - the fat lady started singing aaaaaages ago - think you know yourself theres not much point going out with each other anymore;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

To the OP, I've had a very similar experience in the past year or so. My advice would be to sit down and talk things through with the ex - all the good points and bad points of your relationship. See where things are going and discuss any aspects of the relationship that you don't like or aren't comfortable with.

When myself and the g/f did this, everything in the relationshiop changed and we're now happier than ever.

Saying that you're only 20 and too young for all this is silly really. If you love someone, then why should your age matter?

Advertisement