Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i don't fancy anyone

• 29-05-2006 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i would really like to have a boyfriend and go out with people etc but i have this problem that i'm not interested in anyone that i meet. the kind of person who i consider 'my type' is extremely rare and i have no idea where i could go to meet anyone. i don't fancy your typical 'lad' or whatever so going out clubbing/ drinking is not an option. i'm sick of not fancying anyone because i need some excitement, not to mention HOPE for the future that i will find someone to marry.

is anybody in a similiar situation? what can i dooooo?

thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Well what is "Your Type" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Muggy Dev

What is "your type"?

Snap Muppet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Same here, don't fancy anyone - attracted, but not fancy if you get the meaning...up for meaningless fling but not interested for long haul...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

listen "lovely" sounds perfectly natural. Take it easy and dont get worked up over it.

what is your type? do you think your standars are too high or are there just no guys that tick all your boxes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

You just haven't met me yet. Not to worry.

Maybe you should actually try and get to know someone. You sould like everything that I hate about certain women. Never judge a book by its cover. You'd be surprised about how deep some men can go. (boom boom)

6th wrote:
    Take it easy and dont get worked up over it.

Agreed! but if you feel the pond you swim in is too shallow.....find a bigger one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I can relate to this, because I went thought something similar. The problem in a nutshell is that Dublin is a seriously limited city when it comes to nightlife. We have pubs and clubs but that's about it. If you'r enot into it, it's very hard to build up a social circle.

The best way of doing it is networking. Get to know you friends' friends and so on. Suggest barbeques or stuff and get everyone to bring friends. Throw a party yourself, if you have the space and a little money.

Failing that, try joining clubs, classes or gyms.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

thewing wrote:
    ...up for meaningless fling but not interested for long haul...

Hi, in the same boat. Please pm for details :p

Only messing. OP i'm sure given time that someone suitable will come round. i thought like that for ages and was with girls just for the sake of it. then i met my last g/f and i fell in love for the first time. Just stay open-minded and dont think there's noone out there for you as im sure there is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Make sure you aren't waiting for some impossible ideal. That said, I've been in a similar situation for quite a while.

• Advertisement

Crucifix wrote:
    Make sure you aren't waiting for some impossible ideal.

Good Point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Muggy Dev, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i wouldnt worry about it. it just means you havent met the right guy, i was in the same position myself for years, i used to hang around with this modelling crowd and didnt fancy any of em. honestly thought i was going gay untill i just realised theres a big difference between being beautiful and being attractive. best advise i can give to you is just keep youself out there so the oppertunity to meet guys keep comming. eventually you WILL meet someone and its better to wait for something worthwhile than throw yourself into relationships you dont really want. the latter isnt good for anyone involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

lovely wrote:
    i would really like to have a boyfriend and go out with people etc but i have this problem that i'm not interested in anyone that i meet. the kind of person who i consider 'my type' is extremely rare and i have no idea where i could go to meet anyone. i don't fancy your typical 'lad' or whatever so going out clubbing/ drinking is not an option. i'm sick of not fancying anyone because i need some excitement, not to mention HOPE for the future that i will find someone to marry.

thank you.
    There are a few possibilities. You may not have found any guys you like. I felt the same way for a long time, but then I met a girl I love through a friend. I suggest networking, as Ikky Poo2 suggested. Get to know yuor friends' friends.

Also make more of an effort to get to know the boys you know. They may appear to be all stereotypical "lads" but most likely at least a few of them are more interesting than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maybe you like a diffent scene than "normal".

Me, I'd either goto Fibbers, or stay at home, drinking and playing scabble/monolopy/poker with my mates. No intrest in clubbing, tbh. Fibbers is a nice relaxed metal pub, live bands, etc, so I'd go there if I'm going "out".

Thus you may prefer some long haired metaller, rather than some [generalisation] E'ed up clubbing scumbag [/generalisation].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

lovely wrote:

thank you.
    Your age?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

try joining a club that your interested in that means the people you meet will have something in common with you.

or

Try speeddating it's a good laugh and relatively stalker free as you don't give any details out to anyone it's covertly done!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Don't worry OP, I'm the same. It's rare that I find somebody that isn't..how shall I put it? boring...for want of a better word.
    My 'type' is rare too, don't worry about it. Poeple do come along. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

the_syco wrote:
    Maybe you like a diffent scene than "normal".

Me, I'd either goto Fibbers, or stay at home, drinking and playing scabble/monolopy/poker with my mates. No intrest in clubbing, tbh. Fibbers is a nice relaxed metal pub, live bands, etc, so I'd go there if I'm going "out".
    Where is this Fibbers you speak of?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The Fibber McGees he speaks of is in dublin, over near the ambassador.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

If you have not met someone yet who makes you go all funny inside then you have something great to look forward to.It will hit you when you least expect ,all I can say is it will happen to you someday and it is a super feelings, but then there is the sad part that the same person you like might not like you in the same way, but then again they could feel the very same way then happy days, just be open to liking someone and remember no one is perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

problem is dat you should do the things you want to do,go the places you want to go and hang around with people who has similar views in life, interest etc,then thing shud start rolling..
    for example wats point dressing up and going to D2 every sat nite if you feel out of place..:)
    lovely wrote:

thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

If the OP would give us more details about her "type", if she is willing, we might have better/more specific advice? Not alot to go on really.

If it's something that you might consider weird, well, try us. It takes alot to shock people here I think ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

H&#250 wrote: »
    Where is this Fibbers you speak of?
    Its in Dublin. In the picture, the red arrow points at it.
    fibbers.jpg

Oh, and whats "your type". No matter what it is, there's proberly someone here that has similair taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Elessar

Meh, I'm the same. No matter where I go I never seem to meet anyone that I like. I did really like someone a few years back, got that butterflies in your stomach feeling, loved being around them etc, felt sick when I couldn't be with them. But I couldn't and wouldn't do anything about it.

I don't know if I have grown cold and desensitised because of not being able to do anything with that person, but no matter who I meet, nobody has ever made me feel that way. It's been over 4 years.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just not meant to "be" with anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

funnily enough, i noticed i was like this for a while. the difference is i didnt really care, so i was able to go out and just have a loada one night stands. it was actually a one night stand where i met me last gf.

i dont think u can tell if ur attracted to someone just by lookin at them. that whole love at first sight thing is bollox. u have to spend time alone with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It can be difficult to find your exact type. I'd definitely suggest trying some new places too. Perhaps try meeting guys elsewhere e.g. join something where you might have common interests e.g. if you're in university the clubs/socs can be a good starting point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DubNside

ya cant love no one if ya dont love yourself! (as the old saying goes) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 neeviec

I know exactly how you feel I'm the same. I don't actively go out looking for anybody but any of my friends I go out with are always on the look out. I haven't so much as kissed a boy in a year and every week I have to listen to my friends go on about how many people they scored over the weekend. Sometimes I get annoyed about the lack of boys but you know what I'm mostly happy with my situation. I wouldn't mind a boy approaching me once in a while to make me feel good but I won't lose any sleep over it I'm only 23 I'll find someone. I recently approached a boy (which is a huge thing for me, took me 15 minutes to get the courage to open my mouth!!) at a concert I just thought to myself "he's here, I'm here we obviously have somthing in common" but the ****er turned his back on me after a monosylabic reply. Now I'm sorry but I don't know how many reasonably good looking girls try to chat up guys but you DON'T turn your back on them. Just made me realize how bad you guys really have it when you are expected to chat up a lady. I apologise if I have ever done that to a guy!
    Don't worry lovely you'll find a guy when you are not looking for one!

• Advertisement
Advertisement