Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Windows Hosting

Options
  • 29-05-2006 4:15pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I urgently need to get myself some *reliable* windows hosting.
    I need the following:-
    500+Mb space for www files
    250+MB for MSSQL DB
    transfer is about 4 or 5GB/mo IIRC - possibly less.
    Im open to either Irish or UK based hosts but cost is a very important factor!
    Can anyone recommend anyone for me?
    If needs be email me via kbannon AT iolfree DOT ie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

after switching to blacknight from one of the more expensive hosts, I'd have to recommend them...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Windows hosting. The words just shouldn't be used in the same sentence. It's a travesty. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

I've just moved to a new provider, on their linux hosting but they also offer windows server. Their datacentres are in the USA and Asia. So far, I am happy and their support is fast. PM me if you want the URL.

mart

p/s : wuhoo... my 500th post

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

You cant complain about Hosting 365.
    http://www.hosting365.com/hosting-win-personal.php

very decent price per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭lifegamer

Definitely windows hosting? If you're using MySQL then linux is the option you'd need (preferably)

If its windows you need I can provide, with your needs :) PM me for info

D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

He's using MSSQL. It says it there, in his post. At the top, see?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thanks guys.
    I have tried the two Irish hosts mentioned above and will see shortly.
    i would prefer to keep it in either Ireland or the UK - fed up with crap service from further afield - the only reason I went there in the first place was because it was much cheaper than hosting here and as I said at the start, the client is very cost conscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

well pings to the irish servers are sub 20ms, while I find most US servers are 200+ms

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Windows hosting. The words just shouldn't be used in the same sentence. It's a travesty. :)
    Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

I think that was a joke :) The new Windows 2003 hosting platform is pretty stable and reliable infact.

• Advertisement
Advertisement