Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Capello: We'll be an A team

• 29-05-2006 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭

Capello: We’ll be an A team

Monday 29 May, 2006

Fabio Capello, who has admitted contact with Real Madrid and Inter, maintains he will be coaching Juventus in Serie A next term.

In a revealing interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport on Monday, the tactician concedes that he’s a wanted man but has pledged his future to his present club.

“I am convinced that Juventus will remain in Serie A and we are already working towards this,” he bravely said despite the very real threat of demotion.

“We won the championship fairly which was rightly celebrated by us.”

The Old Lady’s future in Italian football is in doubt after they were placed at the centre of an alleged match-fixing scandal after a number of phone calls involving Luciano Moggi, their now former director general, were intercepted.

“There is an anti-Juve campaign,” added Capello. “Juventus have never bought the outcome of any games.

“We could be docked points, seeing as club officials are involved, but I’m hopeful and thinking positively.

“I only have Juventus in my head for now. Then, if and when the time arrives, we’ll meet to discuss any other eventual projects.”

However, Capello has confirmed reports that Real Madrid and Inter have been in contact with him during the last six months.

“I know that Real are interested in me, but it is not the first time,” he added. “I had contact with [former President] Florentino Perez in February, but I’ve always told every club that I am still the Juventus boss.

“Inter? I met with Massimo Moratti after speaking with his son.

“He asked me a host of questions, but then called me before the last game of the season to tell me that nothing more would be done, using the scandal as an excuse.

“Seeing as this wasn’t the first time, the reality is that Moratti likes being the Coach and I was a consultant, even if one usually pays for advice…

“Joking apart, I’m happy that he rates me and says that I am good at my job.”

Getting back to Juventus, Capello has dismissed suggestions that he would have an Alex Ferguson style role at the club from now on – Coach and manager.

“No, I like working on the pitch,” he stated. “I can give some advice, but I’ll leave the desk job for someone else. I have no desire to concern myself with contracts.”

-CHANNEL 4

Advertisement