Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

magic bullet

• 29-05-2006 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend the magic bullet blender? I see it on sale in my local electrical store at 40 euro which is 59 euro cheaper than the rrp according to them. I've seen it iin a few catalogues and am intrigued. Its small and tidy looking. How does it perform? Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'd like one of them !!, where's your local store ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh the blender.... I don't have one of those,
    tbh I like cutting thing up too much to be arsed using one of for the small ammount it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Yea where is ur local store, they look really cool, Its the only thing i ever actually nearly bought as a result of an infomertical(sp??)

Anyone ever use one what are they like?

Thaedydal wrote:
    Oh the blender.... I don't have one of those,
    tbh I like cutting thing up too much to be arsed using one of for the small ammount it does.

And for meatloaf,hamburgers etc how do you make bread crumbs without very fast chopping skillez :p ..I'm ashamed to say I buy em in Superquinn!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

dbnavan wrote:
    Yea where is ur local store, they look really cool, Its the only thing i ever actually nearly bought as a result of an infomertical(sp??)

Anyone ever use one what are they like?

Lol , i bet rondeco is legging it to that store before boardsies clean them out :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I have seen a few reviews on them from amazon.com and it mentions that the motor is weak and doesnt do a whole lot, so read up before you go and buy one. There are a few manufacturers with the same product out right now too.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I have one, very useful for smoothies etc. Unfortunately the cups have these three small plastic clips on the rim which are used to engage the motor. Unfortunately tends to break off. And once they started to break they all went! :D Gone onto a kenwood blender / smoothie maker which is way better quality, only cost about 40...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

They are on sale in 'the electrical store'. I think thats the name of it. It's next door to woodies in Naas. Just at the big ball on the naas road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I have one (well the "Amazing Bullet", a clone version), and while it is useful, I've found that the rubber seal has a tendency to work itself loose and on more than one occasion has been blended into the food. As such, spares had to be sourced on eBay. The potential for that happening randomly means I use it fairly rarely now as while it may be ok 9 out of 10 times, it has the potential to mess things up royally when it does happen.

Now, if that problem wasn't there it probably would get more frequently used.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

The RRP is nonsense. Dunnes sell them from time to time for about 29.99.

They're crap. As other people have said, they start to fall to bits from Day 1. Rubber seals falling out, plastic clips breaking off. A triumph of marketing over design.

Listen to your mammy and buy a reliable brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

[QUOTE=MarkR Gone onto a kenwood blender / smoothie maker which is way better quality, only cost about 40...[/QUOTE]
    I have a kenwood smootie maker but the stupid removable blade bit is stick and there's all gunk around the seal now:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Nearly bought one a few months ago, but glad I didn't now! A blender is high on my list of summer purchases. I may as well pay for a proper one while I have wages.

Advertisement