Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best return on approx €1000 savings a month

Options
  • 29-05-2006 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

I reckon that I could pretty comfortably save about €1000 euro per month and was wondering what would be the best place to invest it.

Its money that would go on crap on ebay if it's not invested so am not that concerned about risk, i'm a non home owner and single so likely to stay as a non home owner unless house prices nose dive (have a pension fund , this is extra)

Anyone have suggestions ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Lambsbread

At the moment, i stick €500 a month into rabo savings and another €500 into one of the rabo funds, depending on the climate (so at least i won't lose too much if things go south!!). I'm starting to put more into the gold and mining funds and may move towards the financials. Stay clear of energy and bond ones for the time being though. The funds are a great way of diversifing a small investment across the entire market without incuring massive transaction costs and your investment really will build up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

I dunno gold mining can be a bit risky depending on the market. Its now ok but it could change. Id say stocks, or if you really wanted property abroad, try get a loan 1000 should cover the motgage as the houses are so cheap, and in a nice place rent may be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lambsbread wrote:
    At the moment, i stick €500 a month into rabo savings and another €500 into one of the rabo funds, depending on the climate (so at least i won't lose too much if things go south!!). I'm starting to put more into the gold and mining funds and may move towards the financials. Stay clear of energy and bond ones for the time being though. The funds are a great way of diversifing a small investment across the entire market without incuring massive transaction costs and your investment really will build up quickly.

Which gold ones would you recommend ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

There one gold fund with rabo - its an equity based fund -

Gold fund details

Advertisement