Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOOO Ben Affleck as new Movie Captain

Options
  • 29-05-2006 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Heard on Sky entertainment news this morning that Ben Affleck is expected to signup as the Lead for the new ST movie.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Say its not true.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sweet mother of devine Jaysus :eek:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!

Please say this isn't so :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

DIG UP YOU FOOLS!! DIG UP!!!

Does this mean he's going to be playing a young Kirk? Maybe they can get one of the dudes from Dawsons Crack to play Spock..

Can't be true tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Well at least he'll keep the sequence of bald Star Trek Captains alive

Shatner > Stewart > Brooks > Affleck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Booo down with this sort of thing, if its actually true :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

/me rolls up in a ball rocking back and fort mumbleing "this isnt happening this isnt happening"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lealonie

If that a sign the world is ending I dont no what is. Im tellin u run for ur lives!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Apparently, even he wasn't too happy when he heard

http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/local_story_149173454.html

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I like Ben Affleck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

aren't all star trek captains often the most irritating characters/actors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Boo! Unless they were going to make Wesley Crusher: the Adult Years.

o-O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I'd love to see James Woods as the new Captain, you know, a real edgy bastard, snapping all the time, blowing starships away for no reason.. haha..

lol, imagine Gary Sinise as Captain, everyone on board would be like

"Jesus Captain, I'll do whatever orders you want, just don't look at me with those creepy eyes..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Guh, I just can't see Ben Affleck the same way after watching that episode of Southpark where his parents have ass-cheeks on their heads.
    lol, it's all I can see when ever I see his pic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Poor Student

I got this from another board but with no link.

"NEW TREK FILM UN-AFFLECK-TED

One of the most truly terrifying rumours ever to hit the interweb popped up a while back, saying that Ben Affleck was up for the part of the young James T. Kirk in J.J. Abrams upcoming “Star Trek” movie. Well, a source over at Moviehole says that it’s all horse-hockey. “I was over at Paramount last week,” the Moviehole mole said, “I can tell you that - unless my contact is out of the loop, which I don’t believe he is - Ben Affleck will not be in “Star Trek XI.” Neither will Tom Cruise; neither will Jennifer Garner. Expect fresh faces, and maybe a more recognizable actor playing the villain (I’ve heard Philip Seymour Hoffman may be in talks to play a small role, but it’s not the villain, unfortunately).” Phew."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

and the villian will be a .... romulan? pleaseee not some rent a villian like in nemesis

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Philip Seymour Hoffman for captain please.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Now don't quote me on this but there was a very small article in the mirror a month or so ago sayin that the next star trek film will star kirk, archer and picard in a film that will go in and out of a parallel universe where starfleet are evil. Now like I said don't quote me on that but that to me sounds like a really good idea for a star trek flick. Only if it had shatner, stewart and whatever that guys name is in it of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 smilydude

Wow Affleck in a Star Trek film, pretty hard to swallow-like his useless acting....ha, maybe Tom Cruise would be a better choice? (sarcasm!:rolleyes: !)

I'd like to see some closure for Picard or something like that in the next movie, I mean he's getting on in years, mite be good to see some final movie for Patrick Stewart.

Maybe bring in Janeway and co aswell for the heck of it! (Actually I'd like to see Kate Mulgrew and co in a Star Trek Film)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Who says Star Trek captains are annoying and boring?

Janeway should be shot.
    Picard had his grand moments.

Sisko and kirk are legends.

And I'm spent ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Heard on Sky entertainment news this morning that Ben Affleck is expected to signup as the Lead for the new ST movie.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Say its not true.

Couldn´t get any worse :( Oh my god, please don´t let it come true! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Did they not destroy ST with enterprise. time to call it a day.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what about star trek: babylon 5.... that would kick ass

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

babylon 5, please has to be the worst thing ever....... had a very nice surprise generations the movie was on tv last night, anyone see it..... god patrick stewart, what a legend.... best captain ever!!!! would have to agree would love to see a voyager and generations movie, katie mulgrew kicks ass too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

Mordeth wrote:
    what about star trek: babylon 5.... that would kick ass

http://www.starwreck.com/download.php
    theres a pretty good (and hilarious) adaptation of that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i dl'ed in the pirkinning last week but I've yet to watch it :) tomorrow and tuesday are my days off, and I've got a half ounce of kick ass weed... I'll check it out soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

enjoy my friend, ah the leisure of being in canada ;)

on topic, god i hope this is fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 smilydude

jules80 wrote:
    babylon 5, please has to be the worst thing ever....... had a very nice surprise generations the movie was on tv last night, anyone see it..... god patrick stewart, what a legend.... best captain ever!!!! would have to agree would love to see a voyager and generations movie, katie mulgrew kicks ass too

Yep saw Generations there last night, love the saucer section crash-very well done! I heard the new Star Trek thing was the whole how Kirk met Spock during academy days or something like that?? Never heard anything about Archer or Picard coming into it, as far as I heard its just a prequel?

I wish they'd stop doing Prequels in Hollywood, did we not learn from Star Wars type mistakes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Why wont they just do the logical step, after kirk in the series there was picard who then starred in the next set of movies so after picard in the series there was janeway or siquo(excuse me but im tired and too lazy to wiki it) so therefore shouldnt one of them be the captin in the new series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I heard Matt Damon's name being mentioned?

Don't understand why they want to do a 'younger' kirk, it'll just take away from TOS. I mean look at 'Enterprise', not exactly Star trek's finest hour, but the sfx look a whole pile more polished (could be the 40 year gap in technology) that TOS.

The problem is that they have to go along with an established character. It'd be easier for them just to create a new ship, new skipper, new crew and start off down a different plotline.

Janeway and Sisko won't make good film characters from a Captain pov as Janeway is an Admiral tied to a desk and Sisko is hanging out in the Bajoran wormhole. AND both series ended in too definitive a way, Voyager made it home, probably got stripped down to get the technology from the Future Janeway, and Seven's adaptations along the way, DS9 ended with Sisko gone, Worf gone, Chief O' Brien gone, Odo gone, the Defiant gone (I do not accet the USS Sao Paulo 'renaming'. Utter utter tripe.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Christian Slater as a captain!!! his character in undiscovered country having made it to the top!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Goodshape wrote:
    DIG UP YOU FOOLS!! DIG UP!!!

I lolled.

Advertisement