Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phpMyAdmin

Options
  • 29-05-2006 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me here, i have apache and php working fine i also have the latest mySQL installed, im trying to get phpMyAdmin working, i've tried everything and keep getting "Cannot load mysql extension" anyone know why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sounds like you're either missing the mysql extension for php or you haven't enabled it in your php.ini....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

i've uncommented it in the php.ini file, how do i check if i have the mysql.dll?

If it's on windows I can't really help you :)

ah righty, thanks neways.

The other option would be to use something like apache triad to install the lot for you ....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The location of the dll is right there in php.ini, extension_path.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Alternatively might I suggest WampServer ... ?

I know php triad has been mentioned .. I've not used that in a long time so I can't comment on it ...

I do however use wampserver (Windows Apache Mysql Php)

http://www.wampserver.com/en/index.php

It comes with phpMyAdmin preinstalled I think ...

edit: Please note I'm only endorsing it for development

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

I Use Easy PHP which also have myphpadmin with it. It doesnt have the latest version of mysql though if that is what you defenitely need, otherwise id give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

blacknight wrote:
    Sounds like you're either missing the mysql extension for php or you haven't enabled it in your php.ini....
    What versions do you have for Apache, PHP, MySql and phpMyadmin?

You could start by removing phpMyAdmin from the setup i.e. connect to the server via PHP.
    See the PHP MySql docs. If you could connect to the server and retrieve some data it would prove that PHP and MySql are good. Note that, according to that page, MySql is not enabled by default with PHP5.
    Use the MySql tutorial to load some data if you don't have any already.
    PHP 5+
    MySQL is no longer enabled by default, so the php_mysql.dll DLL must be enabled inside of php.ini. Also, PHP needs access to the MySQL client library. A file named libmysql.dll is included in the Windows PHP distribution and in order for PHP to talk to MySQL this file needs to be available to the Windows systems PATH. See the FAQ titled "How do I add my PHP directory to the PATH on Windows" for information on how to do this. Although copying libmysql.dll to the Windows system directory also works (because the system directory is by default in the system's PATH), it's not recommended.
    I looked up the phpMyAdmin docs and the FAQ there but the pages are empty for me (could be my work proxy).

Got it all working, it was as said above the mysql extension was not installed, i used the php installer and it comes with NO external extensions so i downloaded the .zip package of the same version and copied the '/ext/' folder to c:/php/ and restarted apache it worked then i just had to edit the phpMyAdmin config file with the root password and all is working fine now, all the latest verisons!

Thanks for the help!

daymobrew (versions are) :
    Apache 2.2
    PHP 5.1.4
    phpMyAdmin 2.8.1
    MySQL 5.0

• Advertisement
Advertisement