Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank account statement question

Options
  • 29-05-2006 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi, i've a quick question regarding a debit i just saw on my current account statement via Bank of Ireland's 365online website. The name of the debit is "OP/BTE NO. 1 ACC" and the debit was 438.76e. Anyone have any idea what that means? I've a suspicion its overdraft interest being charged but i'm not sure (the account is in overdraft).

How is overdraft interest normally charged and at what rate?

Obviously i'm going to call to the bank to see what it is to be sure but i'm wondering if anyone here knows what it is.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Im not too sure what it is, if its an overdraft, pay it up quickly before they start adding interest, the interest is pretty high.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

The same name shows up for my DD's to Eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Did you organise a overdraft for the account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

i received a letter from the bank to explain all charges relating to my overdraft,i dont know if this applys to you but basically it said that i should have my account in the black for at least 30 in the year or an extra 12% will be charged to my account

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

ya i organised the overdraft over 2 years ago. It was meant to be an interest free overdraft for a student while he waits for the College grant to come through. Thing is, i was meant to tell them when i received the grant so that they can cancel the overdraft. I never got around to doing that.

Surely they'd have to tell ya if they changed the conditions or type of overdraft?

Interesting that the name is the same as what shows up for your Eircom direct debit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

why don't you ring them and ask?

i noticed a v sus €10 had left my account the other day, rang ptsb, v apologetic, and said they'd refund it, which they did.

she couldn't tell me what it was, i asked her to ring me back when she found out.........

which she hasn't, i should probably call her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 doggiedog34

Bord Telecome Eireann

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

eirocm use the same reference when pulling from my bank on 365online.

if you go into the account and click on the direct debits on the left hand side and check if there is an eircom dd setup on the account, then see if the figures match up.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

BTE = Bord Telecom Eireann, no doubt :)

Thats one helluva bill though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

all agreed on that its bord telecom eireann

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

3 year old thread folks. I'm sure the OP has managed to work it out by now..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement