Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm nasty

Options
  • 29-05-2006 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭

I was in the park today enjoying the last of the sunshine.

A three year old wandered over just as I was was tucking into a bar of chocolate.

She couldn't understand why I wasn't offering her some and got a round of giggles from everyone in sight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

you evil man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mystique

Adults are supposed to show children manners, not the opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Sadly the days are gone when a grown man can offer a small child chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Children also need to learn that just because an adult has something they dont have to share esp if that adult is a stranger.
    The child could be alctose intolerant or have a nut allegery and how was Victor to know these things.
    Plus if Victore had bitten into it and it was not sharible the gods know what germs he could be passing on.
    Ewwwhhhhhh Victor Cooties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Likewise I wouldn't give a child something as it's not up to me whether I give things to someone elses child and these days I would partially expect a parent to arrive and start accusing me of something quite nasty. It's strange when it's gotten to a stage where you would even have to think twice about helping a child who looked lost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

nasty.... no way.

i wouldnt offer a child in a park chocolate in this day a and age... plus children cant expect to be able to get anything they want, in particular from a stranger. its a bad example...

could just imagine the childs beady eyes looking at it and licking the lips.... than bang tears:eek: :eek: u ate all the chocolate....he he:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Children should def be not taking things from strangers even if their parents are close by.

The sooner they learn the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Victor wrote:
    She couldn't understand why I wasn't offering her some and got a round of giggles from everyone in sight.
    Well, if you did give her some, her parents would proberly shout "pedo", and you'd have gotten the sh|t kicked out of you!

As Hagar said, those days are long gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

I agree with the other op's, but also I wouldn't have given any chocolate to the child because I can be somewhat selfish and think its mine, and all for me to eat, I wouldn't want to share with a strange child, but on a more serious note, if my son (at that age) was to go to a stranger looking for their choclolate/sweets I'd be mortified but always taught him not to take things from strangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

the_syco wrote:
    Well, if you did give her some, her parents would proberly shout "pedo", and you'd have gotten the sh|t kicked out of you!

As Hagar said, those days are long gone.

It's true you cant just give somebody soemething specially if he's a child or you might get into trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Isn't it sad that the days when you could show a child attention without being labelled a pedo are long gone. However I don't think this is the case here though as it's well known *Victor is a fat stingy
    bastárd.

* Only Joking !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

daveg wrote:
    Isn't it sad that the days when you could show a child attention without being labelled a pedo are long gone.
    And one has to be careful that society loses the interaction between child and "good" stranger. I actually make a point of talking to children if they are accompanied by an adult.
    However I don't think this is the case here though as it's well known *Victor is a fat stingy bastárd.
    Only that one time.

[cookie monster voice]Chocolate all mine[/cookie monster voice]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Likewise I wouldn't give a child something as it's not up to me whether I give things to someone elses child and these days I would partially expect a parent to arrive and start accusing me of something quite nasty. It's strange when it's gotten to a stage where you would even have to think twice about helping a child who looked lost.

agree 100%

Advertisement