Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League S/F and Final

Options
  • 29-05-2006 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Barneveld vs Scholten
    Taylor vs Lloyd

What a time for Barney to have a bad night. Scholten wins this one by a deserved 11-3 scoreline. Thought he threw some very good darts his average was around 104 and his finishes were superb, with checkouts of 124, 140 and 141.

Taylor walked past Lloyd 11-3. Lloyd never really got going and after Taylor took a 5-0 lead there was no coming back. Lloyd never looked the part tonight but Taylor did average his usual 105+.

Final is currently on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Semis saw two players on great form... and the final looks like it could go close!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I stand corrected!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Taylor wins 16-6. This one could have been close, but at 4-4 Scholten just wasn't able to keep the form.. After that it was all Taylor.

Next up Bolton for the UK Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Hats off to Roland for a superb performance against Barney. But not being able to re-produce it against Taylor meant he ruined a potentially great night of darts!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah I agree with Rooster, I have to congratulate Scholten on the superb performance against Barney. It was probably the best performance I have seen from Scholten and his finishing was top drawer which is usally what lets him down. Barney just never showed up and deserved to be beaten but because Scholten won I think it took away from the night. Everyone wanted to see a Barney against Taylor final but it wasnt to be so instead we got three very one sided games.

Lloyd just wasnt at the races at the start and upped his game too late. I think he averaged over 100 in the end but Taylor was just too good.

The final looked like it could be close but Scholten lost it when he missed a chance to make it 5-5. He never recovered and Taylor ran away with it. Congrats to Taylor and I look forward to Bolton now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement