Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some humour for LGB (yes, slagging fags)

Options
  • 29-05-2006 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Found these online, absolutely fantastic imo, rips the p*ss out of "gay" things.
    A brave attempt by NBC to push back TV boundaries by making a comedy series with no jokes in it.

The set-up is that Will is a homosexual gay male who fancies men. He moves in with Grace, who is straight and therefore finds men attractive, like her gay flatmate Will, who is a homosexual. Homosexual Will, who is a gay queer with a prediliction for males, is gay. Like most gays, Will is not attracted to women. Rather, he is attracted to men.

Will, who is gay, has a friend named Jack, who is also gay. The two of them are not lovers, even though both love teh cock because they're gay. Jack, the other gay, is flamboyantly homosexual, unlike his friend Will, who is very reserved and deadpan and gay.

Each episode revolves around the characters commenting on how gay Will (and to a lesser extent, because it's so obvious) Jack are. That's it. Grace might have a subplot that Will can resolve with his powers of super queerosity. And Jack's wretched fag hag might turn up, but only so they can both make a point of staring at men's arses, because Jack's gay and she's not, BUT THEY BOTH **** MEN.

It has won awards.

In summary: gay.
    The Black Eyed Peas started off as serious hip-hop meant to sell appliances at Best Buy, then became ear-candy for suburban teens. A favorite for strip-club DJs and gay-bar dudes. The Black Eyed Peas write songs about such meaningful, hard-hitting topics as breast cancer, with lyrics like "Lovely Lady Lumps" and also spotlight the ever-trouble problem of heart disease, such as the cardiologist-approved hit "Don't Phunk With My Heart". Lulz that Fergie herself has provided include allegedly pissing herself before a show.
    Famous for having real talent and originality, despite the fact that all their "hits" are covers. Enslaved at Caesar's Palace, their success is due to the undending legions of little wannabe whores and "men" in need of new fap material. It doesn't matter that only one of them actually sings. It does matter that Carmen Electra occasionally leads the "band". Other notable whores that have performed with them include:

* Brotney Spears
    * Paris Hilton
    * Your mom
    * Brotney Spears
    * Paris Hilton
    Queen wrote:
    Queen deserve a mention because their lead singer, Freddie Mercury, got ****ed in his ass so much that eventually he got AIDS from Eazy-E. Their original drummer was fired for trying to cement Mercury's incredibly wide anus shut. The only anus larger than his is that of the goatse man. Still, though, Bicycle (the original drummer) was remembered in one of Queen's most famous songs, "Bicycle Race."
    Queen are legendary for their conceited songs like "We are the Champions" and "We Will Rock You." These songs are played at every baseball game ever, and people would surely stop listening as soon as they discovered that the songs were played by fags.
    Sample Queen Lyrics:
    Mama/ Just porked a man/ Put my penis in his mouth/ Filled with semen, couldn't shout/
    Tatu wrote:
    A pair of whiny bitches pretending to be underage lesbians so people will listen to their Russian pop music. The girls in Tatu are about as lesbian as Furries are sane, logical thinking people.

Tatu, more known as ТаТу (That's actually Cyrillic to your left) are two exquisite little tarts named Лена and Юлиа. Known for kissing each other during performances of the song "All the Things She Said" (Я Сошла С Ума).

Their album, 200 по встречной, gives me a raging hardon when I hear them scream НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ!

There is a prevenlent theory that Tatu are actually escaped expirements from Bjork's robotic lesbian factory.
    I still can't stop laughing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Best summary of the hideous Will and Grace so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, roffle at the W&G bit - I don't get why that show is so popular! It's brutal!

simu wrote:
    Yeah, roffle at the W&G bit - I don't get why that show is so popular! It's brutal!

A TV show about gay men where the main character has kissed another man twice in 8 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Ah right, "kissing another man" the quantitive expression of being gay.

Did i kiss enough men today/this week to re-affirm my gayness?

It is a "Sitcom" the humour is originally derived from the situation - a woman living with a gay man where their rships often seems closer than what you might expect in a marriage.

When I've seen it, I've watched it for laughs rather that to develop a critique . Of course it plays to stereotypes, i think when it does it well it does it very well , exagerrating them until they are ridiculous; it balances Jacks "stereotypical gay promiscuity" with more tender moments at times for example.

Its not always funny, sometimes it can be very very funny. Or I find it funny. As i imagine do others for it to have lasted so many seasons.

I also find the OP quite funny. I wouldnt however be seeing it as final vindication of my life consuming campaign for the "Will and Grace" show to be unmasked as a terrible disservice and grossly inaccurate depiction of gay men. .. Like some people..I mightn't mention.

I've lost my Hmmmm_polonius Cliff Notes. Anyone able to translate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

you could be a scriptwriter for "Will and Grace"

you could be a scriptwriter for "Will and Grace"

I don't write fairy tales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

I really liked the Will and Grace commentary - very funny. I think it is a great programme. It is probably the most exposure that some individuals are ever likely to get of two gay men.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

This is from the onion
    LOS ANGELES—Widespread violence and riots have broken out across the U.S. since the May 18 airing of the last episode of Will & Grace, the NBC sitcom hailed as the lone common bond between American gays and straights. Relations between the two sides have returned to the hostility that marked the tumultuous period before the show ushered in a tenuous truce eight years ago.

The cast of Will & Grace.
    In the nearly two weeks since gay Will and straight Grace ended their televised domestic cohabitation, dozens of vigilante raids on gay bars and nightclubs have been reported, Provincetown, MA announced its secession from the U.S., while skirmishes have broken out at gay–straight border areas along New York's Chelsea neighborhood and the Castro district of San Francisco. And Monday, openly gay congressman Barney Frank was shot and killed on the steps of the Capitol.

"Straight men and women have reverted to their stereotypical view of gays, painting them as two-dimensional caricatures of either uptight, impeccably dressed neat-freaks, or shallow, flamboyant, sex-crazed maniacs," said Neil Giuliano, president of the Gay And Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.

"Without the glue that held us together every Thursday night at 9, the floodgates have opened, and it's only going to get worse from here," he added.

Until now, the gay community has largely obeyed leaders' appeals for calm, but gay–straight violence seems likely to intensify in the vacuum left by the show's departure. Last Friday, a posse of militant homosexuals laid siege to ESPN's Bristol, CT studios and took five hostages, while actors Harvey Fierstein and Nathan Lane are facing assault charges after throwing several Molotov cocktails into a UCLA fraternity house over the weekend.

Giuliano warned that if the situation does not improve, it could sink beyond the level of the "very dark days" that followed the cancellation of Ellen in July 1998.

"Have we as a society already forgotten the lessons of 'Fagmalion Part One: Gay It Forward'?" Giuliano added, referring to the groundbreaking Will & Grace episode in which Will and Jack teach Karen's cousin how to be gay.

Premiering shortly after the Matthew Shepard slaying in 1998, Will & Grace deftly and memorably addressed the hate-crime incident with a landmark episode in which Jack wants to become a massage therapist.

"When I watched the episode 'Homo For The Holidays' with several of my new straight friends who I had met and bonded with thanks to the show, I thought it had put an end to homophobia in America forever," Phoenix resident Dan Salemme said. "I guess I never considered that a show of such cultural importance as Will & Grace might at some point go off the air."

"Will & Grace opened up the lines of pithy, innuendo-laden dialogue between gay and straight America," said Tom Harris, a freelance writer for The Advocate. "But since it ended, straight men have been far less apt to engage in tartly witty, rapid-fire exchanges with me, and are far more likely just to call me '****.'"

The sudden absence of the series, which educated millions of gay and straight viewers each week about the other side's lifestyle, fashion sense, and catchphrases, has had a far-reaching social effect beyond the reactionary violence.

Said Austin, TX landlord Walt Howard, "Now that a gay person and a straight person don't live together on TV anymore, there's no reason I should let them do that in my apartment building." Howard plans to evict all gay tenants June 1.

Will & Grace creators David Kohan and Max Mutchnick have come under fire from both sides for effectively removing the only stopgap between peaceful order and uncontrollable chaos.

"We'll all miss the wonderful characters, the numerous celebrity guest stars, and utopian harmony between gays and straights in America," Kohan said. "But the show had run its course. It was time."

"I urge everyone to keep re-learning and applying the lessons of Will & Grace, which, fortunately, will still live on twice daily in syndication," Kohan added.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Stephanos wrote:
    I really liked the Will and Grace commentary - very funny. I think it is a great programme. It is probably the most exposure that some individuals are ever likely to get of two gay men.

The fact that its the most exposure that some individuals are going to get about gay men/women is what i hate about it the most (as well as it been a sh*t comedy). I dont want parents seeing this and thinking their maybe gay son will end up like jack or anyone for that matter thinking been camp and loud is part and parcel with been gay. Yea i know ive been in the George on a saturday nite ¬_¬

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

Why oh why do they call it will and grace when the two worth watchin are jack and karen?!
    God those two are ledgendary!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Same reason Father Ted isn't called "Father Jack and Dougal" and Frasier isn't called "Niles".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I like Will and Grace. Will Damien will stop thinking I'm gay now?

I stopped thinking you're gay a long time ago.

It was the Pink T-shirt Incident, wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

oh who cares if they didnt show the best side of homosexuality?! it just portrays A gay lawyer and A gay actor-not the entire communiy on a whole. If ppl wish to see us like that...well..let them! Would anyone wish to be friends with anyone that shallow anyways???

And btw that Queen post is sick.

Isn't Eric McCormack a straighty? That's us heteros all out, profiting off your lifestyle choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

No no, Eric plays Jack, right? He's gay.
    The one that plays Will is married and has kids. Interesting story to tell the kids when they're a little older!

Eric is Will. Sean Hayes is Jack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Lunoma

Oh I hate that show Will & Grace! It's so bad.

That post about Tatu was funny. did you know that one of them has actually had a baby recently. she confirmed that "my heart was more geared towards men after all!" even though she wasn't even lesbian in the first place! TaTu seemed to turn more men on than women (that is, some straight men because gay men fancy other men). Although, it was an easy way of making money for their manufacturer!

• Advertisement
Advertisement