Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Equip.

• 29-05-2006 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

My guitar teacher has a big amp, connected to some things which can distort/volume/select which guitar etc which lead into the PC.

So if he plays songs from WMP they play from the amp.

What equip is needed to set this up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Do you mean an A-B box, ie two inputs into one output?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭nohshow

Apart from the obvious things - like, why don't you ask him, he's your teacher for gawd's sake - you'll probably find he has a fairly sophisticated soundcard that can handle mutliple inputs. No big mystery, really. I use a 16 channel mixing desk in and a four (stereo ganged) channel mixing desk out in my home set-up which is more than enough to allow me to master onto minidisk - or, more often, a second PC if I'm building an album with frilly links betwixt the tracks - or, in your teacher's case, his Big Amp.

Obviously, soundcards like the Audigy range and some of the better Audiowerk cards can perfectly adequately use the software mixer to select ins/outs and levels and there is a range of VST (software) devices available that will supply each of the effects you've described and a whole lot more besides which can be assigned to any or all input lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

if you just wanna play through your amp all you need is a jack lead and maybe a 5.5 to 3.5 jack adaptor (€3 ish)

just pull out your pc and find where your normal speakers are plugged in. plug in the jack lead going to the input on the amp, like where the guitar goes in, there and presto, you just made your pc in to a really loud stereo.

i use use my 100w marshall when i want some noise.:eek:

also by plugging into the line in next to that you can record using the line out on your amp and any number of software things

the effects like reverb volume distortion and things can just be taken from pedals in series

Advertisement