Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi-Res (Pop) Art Sources?

Options
  • 29-05-2006 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

I've to put together a really high-res image (4-8000dpi range) for a laser-etching.
    I have a few ideas for what I want, mainly some cool iconic images from history, looking at doing a collage type thing as a sort of background with a central focal figure and possibly a title/logo text with some relatively small logos and details tucked away.
    I have alot of space to play with, but enlarging typical images found on the web to the sorts of resolutions I'm playing with (literally) will leave me with crap results when it's etched.
    As such I need to find high-res art sources - is there somewhere I can browse images and choose which I want to buy at the extreme res? Or must I spend loads of money on stock photography packs?What products are available for stuff like this?
    I *may* try creating some original work but I'm piss-poor at that. Great ideas, but can't execute them to their potential.

Advertisement