Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

posted in motors think its more appropriate here sorry for spam

• 29-05-2006 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi, im new to the forums this is my first post but ive read a bit about restricting bikes, im currently working on a project with my brothers old kh125 and soon i will be 16 and able to ride a 50cc but i would love to ride this kh 125 as i am putting alot of blood sweat and tears into this project i will show u guys some pictures when im done but i want to know if i am able to restrict this bike so i can ride it as my first bike and if so how and what do i do is there some form a restrictor i can buy to do it for me ? its an old bike and i dont think theres a fuel injector so im not quite sure on how to go about it

thanks in advance

tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Elfish

KH doesn't have injection.

Its a while since I got my licence but at the time, you could ride a KH straight as is. Surely the standard KH will be under any current power limits for a 16 year old?

Check it out before doing anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BristolTom

aah i think there mayb different laws, im from england u see i know this is an irish site but it looked like a good site with honest helpful people heres a couple of things i got from sites

So you've just turned 16, got your provisional licence, taken your Compulsory Basic Training and are keen to get your hands on your first bike. As a 16 year old you'll be restricted to a moped with an engine no bigger than 50 cc and a maximum speed of 30 Mph (50 Kph). If you are 17+ and hold a full car licence, you will more than likely have full moped entitlement. This means you don't even need basic training. However, we think it is useful none the less and does allow you to ride a bike up to 125 cc as a learner

KH125 12bhp

so does this mean in order to ride a bike when im 16 i will have to buy a 50cc run around ? and if so do you guys have any good sites where i can get a 50cc old bike thats manual gearbox etc (i cant stand mopeds)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,748 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If you're in the UK then you're stuffed until you're 17. In Ireland you can get an A1 (125cc) licence at 16, but the insurance makes it unaffordable for most people until they're 25 :mad:

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement