Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what memory?

Options
  • 29-05-2006 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi! I"m thinkink to oc my system(amd based) and at once to upgrade memory....what memory i should go -400mhz or heigher?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

What CPU do you have?

What your budget?

1gb/2gb ?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

amd64 -3800,I"d like to fit in 180-220euro(2gb)

these

Or if you could order from overclockers.co.uk you could get the Gskill PC4000 2gb kit for €214

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

conzymaher wrote:
    these

Or if you could order from overclockers.co.uk you could get the Gskill PC4000 2gb kit for €214

they look like your best option...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

is this any use Gline is selling it on the forsale board

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054937093

• Advertisement

No, Thats ECC server ram.........

I would go for the PC4000 Gskill

Ok... I"m at the very begining oc way,so if i get those g.skill 500mhz,there is no reason to oc memory and i can go as far as 250 fsb?Will my system be stable at defoul speeds?:confused:

????

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

ricka05 wrote:
    Ok... I"m at the very begining oc way,so if i get those g.skill 500mhz,there is no reason to oc memory and i can go as far as 250 fsb?Will my system be stable at defoul speeds?:confused:

Mabye try to make the questions you wish us to answer clearer.

In the meantime I will try to answer.
    Your Amd3800+ should be able to run the memory at 250mhz which would mean a top speed of 3.0ghz running the memory at 1:1 with the fsb. Its doubtfull that your cpu will be able to aquire these speeds unless you are using some amazing cooling techniuqes. So I would go for the default 250mhz G-skill and use a 10*multi, mabye moving up to a 11 with a voltage bump.

You wont need to OC memory as it will be "underclocked" when your system is at stock......

You have a multiplier of 12 so theoretically you can reach 3ghz without overclocking your ram at all.......

But that ram should overclock past 250mhz........

You would need a gem of a venice to reach 3ghz on air, but lets say it did....

272*11 would usually be better than 250*12

Just say you can reach 2.6ghz (realistic overclock)

260*10 would be a lot better than 200*13........

So basically get the best blend of RAM/CPU speed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

conzymaher wrote:
    these

Fantastic performance/value ratio with this 2GB kit. I got them a few months ago for 220€ and I am not planning to change them for anything else.

Advertisement