Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Luck!

• 29-05-2006 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

I did my JC last June so I'm alright - I just want to wish all the people across the country the best of luck with the exams. I personally found the mocks harder than the actual Junior Cert, that's the truth! I'm no Albert Einstien - (TwinkleStar15) will tell you! Just go in to the exam nice and calm and do your very best and work, work and work even more for the WHOLE exam. Check over it when you finish and see can you make any improvements. I personally think the worst thing to do is leaving the exam hall early - just so you can rush home to watch whatever on the telly - dont bother - you'll have plenty of time to watch TV and do other stuff when the exams finish towards the end of June.

Just so people know there actually is a party for those who did the JC - well it's actually the day the results come out in Mid-September and it was great last year. It's called "Scream" and it's in the Point Theatre here in Dublin.Lat year, Akon was playing! I'll post more details if I get any.

Good Luck! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Thank you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Thanks. LMP will need it..damn new science syllabus..

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

MaltEagle wrote:
    I'm no Albert Einstien - (TwinkleStar15) will tell you!

Heehee, thanks! ;)
    MaltEagle wrote:
    Good Luck! :D

^^^Thanks!! Just don't mention the fact that [strike]it's only a week away[/strike].

Hush, peasant! I said DON'T mention it!

According to timery thing below, 8 days!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

im venturing over from the evil leaving cert forum just to wish all you guys the best of luck :)

come a few months, you'll look back to the Junior with a smile on your face, and by the time youre in 6th year, you'll be wishign you could do it again!

g'luck folks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Best of luck all!
    I'll say a prayer for ya.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

the rest of us got through it so will you lot, good luck....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Thanks very much. But I hven't done much studyin:( .

Thanks very much. But I hven't done much studyin:( .

Tell everyone that you believe studying is a form of cheating, because the exams test how much you've learnt over the past 3 years, i.e. how well you've listened in class. You wouldn't want to invalidate the Junior Cert, now would you? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I just want the damn things to be over so I can have my life back :P I'd gladly sit them all in one week if it'd get them over faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

agree with you there Piste. I can't wait till i'm finito so I can get back to late night surfing :D and not studying (not that I do that now ;) )

I'm not even studying a lot, I just want to be able to continue doing what I'm doing now (that is, staying online for ages and lying aroound in the sun) and not feel guilty about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I never studied for the JC and it never did me any harm...:D

Good luck to yiz all anyways, I'm sure you'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

bit of advice-go to bed early(10pm) and get up quite early the next morning and just sit in bed and read your notes!that way everythings in your short term memory going in.i did that(in some cases i got up at 6am and just read the whole course!)and i got very good grades.:) it obviously doesnt work for everyone but it did for me.Im sitting the leaving this year and unfortunately wont be able to do it for this because the courses are just so large-count yourselves lucky!good luck!:D

we won't be counting ourselves lucky in three (or two) years time where we are doing our leaving cert! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

good luck to all JC's.

sorry for hogging all the attention (as an LC student, we get all the attention from teachers, relatives, news.... etc..)

in many ways the JC is tougher than the LC. more subjects, more things to learn... it's just a pity it doesnt mean anything unlike the LC which you put on the old CV.

don't panic, don't stress out, don't be jealous of those that do better than you. Chill out, focus on the questions asked and give it your best shot. that's all anyone can ask of you.

Holy sh!t, it's tomorrow! How the fcuk did that happen???

ah tis only english though. :rolleyes:

I studied most of the day yesterday in the garden, have 2 lovely sunburnt shoulders, and neck (and two beautifully perfected milk-has-more-colour strapmarks) to prove it! Went thorugh exam papers for History and was dying when I did one of them cos I knew none of it...and I got 20/20 in another! Ack..
    Good luck everyone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Good luck everyone. Remain calm and do your best. Remember they're only exams at the end of the day.

I'll be thinking of you. Good Luck ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Listen, come 12PM/4PM when you're done tomorrow, you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about. English exams are a doddle on the day.

Best of Luck, don't panic and have a nice day!

Ditto the vitamin pill :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Junkies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Belated, but good luck.

Stick to it through to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭greg678

Thanks!

Today went well........

Nearly over now!

'T is over! *does happy dance*

Now HA! to all the people doing it next year...ahhhh....

Advertisement