Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using HDMI connector for a PC

• 30-05-2006 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone ,
    i have a panasonic TX32LX60 and this is an LCD TV with two HDMI inputs ,
    I bought a dvi HDMI cable from komplett and have been trying to get my media centre to display on the TV .

I cannot get a picture at all , I have tried all resolutions from 1024 x 768 up to 1280 x 768 and nothing.

Does anyone have any experience connecting PC's to LCD tvs using a DVI hdmi connector ? Can you throw any light on this for me ?

Are DVI -HDMI cables directional ?

Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Do you know what your LCD res and refresh rate is?
    Only wondering because i had the same problem and I found out it was because the output was at 85hz and the tv only takes upto 75hz.

Im not sure if the cables are directional, if they are, there should be an arrow on the insulation.
    When you bought the cable, was it called a DVI to HDMI cable or a HDMI to DVI cable. It may indicate if the cable only works in one way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 anothermandoon

andy1249 wrote:

Are DVI -HDMI cables directional ?

Thank You.

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

The cable I bought was this one from Komplett , its a DVI_D single link , there is a dual link available , maybe thats what i should have.

https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=316699

I have set the output from the graphics card( Sapphire radeon 9600XT ) to 1024 x 768 and 60hz at the moment , this seems to be the most compatible with the specifications in the manual , though it should be able to take the full resolution of the TV over HDMI , anyway , regardless , there is no picture over either HDMI input which makes me think I may have the wrong cable type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 knights of doon

Andy,

You have obviously just bought the wrong thing. Just return it and ask somebody who knows what they are talking about for help and then get the correct cable. Are you sure you have the manual the correct way up when you are reading it?

Knights of Doon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 back doon

........And while you are returning it Andy swing by the job centre on your way doon.
    Andy,

Just return it and ask somebody who knows what they are talking about for help and then get the correct cable.
    Knights of Doon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

Fixed , it was down to drivers , updated to the correct catalyst driver , went into the ATI control panel , selected a switch for HD output to digital panels , and bingo , nice clear picture on the TV.

Thanks for all your help lads , :D

Advertisement