Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Draft Returns With An Extreme Touch

• 30-05-2006 12:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

From WWE.Com:

Mr. McMahon has announced that in an effort to boost the new ECW brand, Paul Heyman will be given two draft picks, one from RAW and one from SmackDown.

WWE.com caught up with Paul Heyman and this is what he had to say: “Well, first of all, I don’t think Mr. McMahon gave me anything,” said Heyman about his two draft picks. “I think ECW earned the right to have a draft pick from RAW and from SmackDown. And if you want to know whether I’ll reveal this information tonight, then you’ll have to tune in and find out.”

We can also confirm that Paul Heyman and will be having a debate on tonight’s WWE RAW.

Mick Foley said this to WWE.com: “We’re having this face off to clear up a couple of myths – namely one about me being some kind of prostitute,” said Foley. “If anybody has stood up for what’s good about sports-entertainment, I think it’s me. And if indeed I am a prostitute, then I’m just one with a new pimp named Mr. McMahon. And all things considered, I’d rather prostitute myself for Mr. McMahon than a low-life like Paul E.”

Any guess on who Heyman will pick from Raw & Smackdown?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd say RVD, unless he quits Raw and joins himself or somethin. He's obviously goin to be involved. Actually, I'm startin to think that maybe Heyman will pick some WWE guys that were never in ECW. It would be easier to explain any ex-ECW guys goin there, so this would be a good way for him to get 2 of the WWE guys being rumoured, like maybe Kennedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Matt Hardy seems a safe bet since Heyman was talking about him on Smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

spoiler(sorry i dont no how to do the spoiler thing)

from raw-rvd and smackdown-kurt angle:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

um angle to ecw???? um does angle want to get killed???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sniper_eire

ithink angle will make it in the new ecw brand he has aa aggressive streak in him and the way it looks is smackdown is gone in about 6 months or they might hold it till the game comes out so most of the smackdown will be on raw and ecw in a few months by the looks of things cant wait to c who else goes over to ecw part from the the like of benoit.

• Advertisement

ithink angle will make it in the new ecw brand he has aa aggressive streak in him and the way it looks is smackdown is gone in about 6 months or they might hold it till the game comes out so most of the smackdown will be on raw and ecw in a few months by the looks of things cant wait to c who else goes over to ecw part from the the like of benoit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Although if you've read this far, you probably already know it's Angle from SD.. Anyway, somewhere between my post and MNG's post, I became convinced it'd be Angle from SD. But then after seeing MNG say it could be Matt Hardy, I was almost disappointed when Angle came out. Matt's been wasted since he came back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think its a good move. It will give the ECW brand alot more crediblitly and will spark the interest of the more casual fan.

It also indicates the direction that the brand will be going in in that it wont necessarily be flaming tables, chairs, ladders etc... every night. They have to re-invent what ECW is about becasue what was fresh in 1998 is dated in 2006. So generally I like the idea.COLOR="Black"][/COLOR]

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

is it just me, or does it seem like McMahon is going to do a WWE vs ECW feud, and kill off the Smackdown! vs Raw fued? Alot of the Smackdown wrestlers are either injured, or need time off, and Velocity is being replaced by ECW, so its starting to look like Smackdown is getting the boot. Does anyone else see things shaping up like this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

It would do no harm whatsoever if ECW replaced Smackdown all together. Just put the midcard lads (cruisers etc) in ECW and the main event guys onto Raw. That way ECW could be its own thing, while still under Vinces (loose) control. Smackdown has just lost its biggest star in Kurt Angle to ECW and it will be difficult for them to recover from that

The way it was explained in the observer was that Vince wants I guess what you could call a ladder system with Raw on top, followed by Smackdown, then ECW and finally OVW.

There now gonna have 3 groups touring and with the ECW signees getting quite small deals, it could be really lucrative if people buy into it.

I think Smackdown are are obviously light in terms of top guys. But Batista will be back soon, as will Orton and Ken Kennedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

The way it was explained in the observer was that Vince wants I guess what you could call a ladder system with Raw on top, followed by Smackdown, then ECW and finally OVW.

There now gonna have 3 groups touring and with the ECW signees getting quite small deals, it could be really lucrative if people buy into it.

I think Smackdown are are obviously light in terms of top guys. But Batista will be back soon, as will Orton and Ken Kennedy.

batista will be back in 38 days

batista will be back in 38 days

lol. Are you counting the days down?

Advertisement