Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob tattoo questions

Options
  • 30-05-2006 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

hey, I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while.

But i just have a few questions

How do i decide where to get it done?Not where on my body but where as in tattoo parlour.what are the signs of a good place?

Would there be different tattooists that would be better at writing?

The tattoo that i want to get would be script from an album cover,so should i just bring in the album cover?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Word of mouth would be the best way to suss out each artist.

I've got done in 3 shops in Dublin, eagles on Bolton Street, dragon on Talbort Street and by Pluto on Dorset Street. I found Pluto to be the most professional and he did a very good job with alot of detail for me. Only draw back is he tattoos you in his shop window and its kinda hard to stay still while checking out hot chicks going by the window, but a roar and a slap in the head off Pluto usually sorts that out.

If you want to go to Pluto drop into his shop on Dorset Street and give him the pic you want done and he will give you an appointment to come back another day. He likes to do custom work so maybe discuss an original variation of the pic you want. Eagle and dragon you might get done when you walk in if they're not too busy.

If you want the same script from an album cover they will probably just scan the writing and enlarge to whatever size you want and do a straight copy exactly as is on the cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

thanks for the reply.

what if i wanted something that was custom,but i wouldn't able to draw it.

would i go to the artist and try and explain what i would like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Beekay wrote:
    would i go to the artist and try and explain what i would like?

If you can tear him away from baking bread...oh no wait that's a baker.....

<edit> That'd be a yes just in case my patronising brand of sarcasm is lost on you. ;)

Advertisement