Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

world cup dark horses

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

the japs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

eirebhoy wrote:
    Apparantly Germany's defence couldn't handle Japan's attacking flair tonight. Although in saying that, Japan's defence couldn't hack the physical presence when it came to set pieces.

Japan really were quite impressive going forward. Having said that Germany's defence was abysmal and they will not get far in the tournament defending like that. Maybe the return of Robert Huth can sure things up a little bit but anybody tipping Germany to do well just because they always do should watch the highlights of this game and see how easy Japan cut through the German backline.

i wouldnt read into the friendlies much. Players probaly dont want to tackle due to injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

Anyone thinking of risking their hard-earned on France should maybe take a closer look at their coach....http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/4424832.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    I signed up for Betfair this morning but can someone explain their betting system?

I was looking at top goalscorer for example and picked Klose at odds of 21/1 (22 on Betfair). However Betfair seem to let you pick your own odds.

How can this work?
    Hippo wrote:
    Anyone thinking of risking their hard-earned on France should maybe take a closer look at their coach....http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/4424832.stm

Domenech is a clown. France haven't got a prayer with him in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

dcarroll wrote:
    Mexico have arguably the best defender in the world at the moment in Rafa Marquez, and aswel is Carlos Vela in the squad?

John Terry is a far superior Defender to Marquez. Hes a good player dont get me wrong but I dont think hes the best defender in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Just thought people would like to see Japan v Germany goals:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzOTgFMyev8

The first goal is another example of Japan (and Nakamura's) technical ability. I'm so happy to have Naka in the Celtic team. :) Zico reckons he's gonna "astonish the world".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Best place are to reach semi's etc. Why are people picking Mexico aswell? USA dont have a chance, they beat latvia 1-0, and lost to morocco's B team.
    i wouldnt read into the friendlies much. Players probaly dont want to tackle due to injury.

eh?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

200-1 for Czech Republic to win and Baros to get the golden boot. Worth a punt.

Boylesports by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

eirebhoy wrote:
    Zico reckons he's gonna "astonish the world".
    by moving to a decent league?

zabbo wrote:
    by moving to a decent league?
    eh, yeah.:confused:

FatherTed wrote:
    eh?

Big different between japan and morocco's B team/ Latvia. Whatever about not being able to beat another team in the world cup in a friendly, i wouldnt be worried by that.

However not being able to beat a Moroccan 2nd string team, thats really not a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The Swiss wont win it but I think they could go far in it. Very hard team to beat as we know and are in a group where they should be confident of qualifying. Held Italy to a draw this week too.

The Swiss wont win it but I think they could go far in it. Very hard team to beat as we know and are in a group where they should be confident of qualifying. Held Italy to a draw this week too.
    I watched the match and they played well. I underrated them in the last qualifiers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

eirebhoy wrote:
    I watched the match and they played well. I underrated them in the last qualifiers.

Im not there biggest fans, very boring team. But like I said they will be hard beaten and should get out of their group. Have their keeper in my fantasy team too!

Advertisement