Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure sysytem plumbing logic

Options
  • 30-05-2006 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi
    I am meeting the builder and plumber to discuss my plumbing requirements for the first fix and I wanted to understand the principals of a pressurised system as the more i know the more confused I become.

My situation is I will have the unvented storage tank downstairs in the integrated garage and my understanding is that this will be pressurised by the mains water inlet to the bottom of the tank meaning when i turn on a hot tap the hot water heated at the top of the tank is pressurised out to the tap outlet.

Now, I have read/heard of other people with pressurised systems and they mention installing a pressure/booster pump to their system? Is there something i am missing as will the mains pressurised tank not supply sufficient pressure [assuming I have good mains pressure of course].
    I am loosing logic on this and would appreciate input.:confused:

Also if i require a pressure pump is it a Negative head or positive head, single or twin? when the tank is in the garage?/

Advertisement