Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

plastic Storage area above Mk4 Golf Radio wanted!

Options
  • 30-05-2006 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

have taken out the single CD player in my Golf MK4 since i now have an ipod dension icelink installed and my friends player was for the bin!
    so now there is a hole in my dash from where the player was. I think i might sell him the player since i have no need for it now.

there is a black plastic storage area/cubbyhole that fits into this space which i priced at 48 euro+VAT in a VW dealer. A complete ripoff when he told me that they throw them out whenever they are fitting a cd player!!

would anyone have one of these lying around? name your price, reasonably! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

That seems expensive. Annesley motors quoted me €35 plus vat only last week. That's works out at €42. That said, the first time I went in they told me you couldn't buy them. I ordered a spurious one from Halfords that worked out at €17. After two weeks of waiting though I cancelled it and got my money back. I finally got one from a guy on http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/ . I was asking about connecting a stereo as my MKIV had a MKV loom meaning no switch live. I mentioned I had no pocket and he said he took his out to add sat nav and gave it to me for the price of the postage. Have a try there and you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

thats for that FX Meister. will look into it further. 17 euro wouldn't be the worst. VW dealers and their prices, charging what they want!!! its a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i have one €15?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Try ringing a Skoda dealer, the part is the exact same as that's where I have my iPod stored. They may be slightly cheaper but probably not but it may be worth chancing.

that include postage Cyrus? PM Sent also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 biggame83

Anyone have one of these, same situation as above, cant get my hands on one for less than 42 euro! Thanks if you can help

i ended up buying a spurious one in the motor factors but it was crap really! it did me for awhile but the VW genuine one is the proper job. i ended up selling my cd player and said to the guy (who had a Bora) would he mind giving me his storage thing and i knocked a few euro off the price of the player. happy days!
    try a motor factors, breakers and maybe even ebay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Thanks both of you, sold my cd also but left with the gap. Tried a crap one but gonna seek out an original. Watchin a few on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I have a universal DIN sized pocket lying around since I upgraded my stereo. yours if you want it. It's not a VW part. just plain black plastic.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that but il try hold out for the vw one. Watchin a few on ebay. Tried a universal one already from halfords but returned it til i get the other one. As i said, thanks again tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

no hassle, the Halfords ones are rubbish, they have a few different fronts included?

ya 3 diff fronts and no combination fitted nicely into the slot. Watchin 4 on ebay and sellers seem sound. Not chargin extra for shipping to ireland when said uk only so il grab one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

Have one of these somewhere I think. Took it out of a new VW Golf a few years ago. Will look it up later. You can have it for €10 if I can find it.
    AleoN

Advertisement