Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wcag 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

The fact that 16 people have read this thread but no-one has replied confirms my suspicions i.e. accessibility guidelines are a long way down the list of priorities of most web developers (and most clients presumably). WCAG 2 will not do anything to counter that (unless the final document is drastically modified and simplified).

Just one of the things I noticed – CSS layouts are prohibited at the highest level and source order must match presentation order even at the lowest level… WTF!? I would have thought using CSS for layout could (amongst other benefits) only enhance accessibility…

There has to be a degree of common sense about web accessibility though. It seems to me the public sector has – in the past – sometimes been issued with totally impractical, utopian perspectives on the issue. Everybody else pretty much ignores it.

There has to be a 'happy medium' and WCAG 1.0 looked closer to achieving that than it’s successor…

Advertisement