Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with eircom BB - Carlow Town

• 30-05-2006 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi. I wanted to know, if anyone has a problem with eircom BB in Carlow Town.
    Since Friday my BB is VERY slow - I can open 1 from 4 websites, ping shows about 90% packets lost, no matter where I send it, I called the help desk, but they told me, that everything on their side is fine, and that it's my fault, or my PC. So I asked my friend to visit me with his laptop (he has eircom BB in Tullow via wireless) to check how it is working on his PC, and it was the same story.
    I wrote them about that, but they say that I should call help desk. Help desk says, that I have to be at my PC (when I was on saturday after an hour of stupid thing such as checking IP, trying to open the www.eircom.net/speedtest page, reseting the router etc.) I was told, that it's my PC's fault. What can I do in that situation?
    Only once I could check the speed since friday and it showed 4.16 kbps, and I've got 2048 kbps eircom broadband connected.
    Before it was bit slow too (maximum speeds I had where about 30 kB/s), but I didn't complained, because I didn't need more (I use BB for Skype and voipstunt calls).
    On the other hand - the upload speeds are superb. Over 200 kB/s to FTP set up on my machine.
    WTF?
    When I call now, they say, that I have to be at my machine. I can't be at my machine, because I work till 6pm, and at 6pm there's nobody out there online. What can I do? I was told, that somebody will contact me from technical department, but nobody did that.
    And the worse thing is, that I paid the bill on friday before I knew that those speeds are so low. I can't even check my email at home :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Hi SamoZlo

There is a problem in the carlow area but they wont admit it. here is the post i put up last week

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054937803

I know of at least 4 other people with same problem now and one of them told me she was on phone for 6 hours in total and eventually they told her there was a problem in the 059 area. then she rang a day later and was talkin to someone else and they told her it was the first they heard of a problem. i have seen this problem my self and attached my laptop to their router and it was the same. i have no idea what is going on but if they would admit there was a problem it would nt be so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Not that it's much help, but I'm in Carlow and our eircom BB is fine. We're in the town centre though, so may be on a different exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

My broadband is fine too and im in the town centre but their is other people in the town centre with problems??????

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ceepee

another option is Digiweb Metro which is now live in and around Carlow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SamoZlo

Ok. They sorted it out after about 2 weeks, but I was overworked to write it on the Forum.
    Now it works perfectly and speeds are sometimes pretty amazing - even 500-600 kB/s from different torrents. Now the only limit is the 8GB (or smth) limit from eircom ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement