Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview for Course in Digital Media Technologies

Options
  • 30-05-2006 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi there,

I've applied for a postgrad masters in digital media technologies in DIT. Has anyone done this course, if so I'd be delighted to here your thoughts.

I have an interview for this course coming up soon. There is no requirement to have or present a portfolio but I've done a digital sample of my work so far. My question is should I email this to the co-ordinator before the interview or print it out and bring it along to the interview.

Any input would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

When I was doing similar interviews I found it very useful to have a *small* sample of work printed out with me - try and keep it nice and diverse - don't print out screenshots of four different B&B websites you did, print out a sample of each different dicipline you've done something in. Presentation is important, try and get high quality prints if you can - It always impresses to show that you've gone to extra lengths to prepare.

Not sure about emailing your work, it might just be a nuissance for the interviewer if it's not asked for.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ninimac

Thanks dangerman, I'll do that. By the way what does B&B stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

bed and breakfast!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ninimac

Duh! I thought it was some teckie abbreviation :) LOL

Advertisement