Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice pubs / restaurants in Cork City?

Options
  • 30-05-2006 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

delete me, sorry...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Scotts on Caroline St.
    Cafe PI on Washington St (dunno is it still there!)
    The Old Oak (on Oliver Plunkett St.) My favouritee of all!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Ha, meant for that thread to be deleted, but thanks for the advice anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

What the hell, Banna Thai on Maylor St. - very nice and affordable Thai food, with good service to boot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Cafe Mexicana on Carey's Lane and Curran's off North Main St.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

mmmmmmmmmmm café mex. that place is savage.

dont forget the best chinese - star vast on princes st

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Nina_Angelica

there's a restaurant (think it's across from amicus) that starts w/ a 'G' down carey's lane (i think?!) but can't remember the name of it. it has some of the best food i EVER tasted while living in cork.
    absolutely gorgeous.
    if anyone can think of it?! i thought it was giardini's or something to that effect, been home now 9 mo's so can't remember!! :p cross between italian and french cuisine. there's a lovely curved staircase leading to the second floor that you notice right away when you walk in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The restuarants down there are Amicus, Café Bar Deli, Harveys and the Strasbourg Goose. It might have been whatever Café Bar Deli used to be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

aren't they on french church st as opposed to carey's lane?

café mex and table8 are on carey's lane. so is gambienies i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Nina_Angelica

Tree wrote:
    so is gambini's i think

Gambini's! That's the one!

And is it Church St? I can't remember now, been a bit.

The cuisine is FANTASTIC there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

My mistake, Amicus threw me. Amicus is on French Church Street, Gambini's is on Carey's Lane.

• Advertisement
Advertisement