Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charlton appoint Iain Dowie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Will certainly be interesting. Wonder will any Palace players follow him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I for one am certainly looking forward to Simon Jordans commenst on this.

Big test for Dowie. he did well with Palace when little was expected of him, failed to do alot when it was expected of him ie this previous season.

Expectatitions will be high at Charlton to deliver a top 10 finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Wtf? Did anybody catch some of the press conference? Some guy apparently busted in with a writ from Simon Jordan to Dowie, threatening action because Dowie cited 'false reasons' for leaving Palace, claiming he had no intention of joining Charlton.
    Hmm, more to follow I'd say!

Wtf? Did anybody catch some of the press conference? Some guy apparently busted in with a writ from Simon Jordan to Dowie, threatening action because Dowie cited 'false reasons' for leaving Palace, claiming he had no intention of joining Charlton.
    Hmm, more to follow I'd say!
    Class!

/Me switches on SSN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

http://www.football365.com/teams/charlton_athletic/story_186305.shtml

This will make an interesting saga.

Will it come down to whose word is more plausible?

• Advertisement

I'm sure Jordan has the advantage in this one.

As he said himself, why would he waive a 1 million compensation clause?

"I'll prove it to the High Court. Iain Dowie had a 1million compensation clause in his contract and there is no reason why I would take that out unless it was as a gesture of goodwill.

"My repayment for that is for Iain to do exactly what he said he was not going to do.''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Jordan is 100% in the right here. Dowie told him he wanted to leave to be closer to his family in Bolton. Jordan allowed him to go without a £1million compensation figure hanging over him. Then Dowie decides to take the job at charlton - 6 miles up the road.

Dowie has shown himself to be a deceitful individual here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Jordan is 100% in the right here. Dowie told him he wanted to leave to be closer to his family in Bolton. Jordan allowed him to go without a £1million compensation figure hanging over him. Then Dowie decides to take the job at charlton - 6 miles up the road.

Agree here, Charlton shoul dhave to stumb up the one million to Palace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Simon Jordan is just one of those people in football you love to hear from.

Fair play, take Dowie to the cleaners if he ****ed you over.

Emmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Exactly, im a fan of Dowie but he cant be let get away with doing something like this. Charlton should fork up the compensation, and then we wont have all these major problems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah I agree that Charlton have to be forced to pay the compensation. Jordon ignored the compensation out of good faith to allow Dowie move closer to his family but for Dowie to do this is a kick in the teeth. very bad from on Dowies behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Bad form on dowie's behalf. But charlton and palace hate each other. Specially murray and Jordan. Wouldnt be surpised if this goes to court. Charlton already have set their lawyers on this to defend dowie.

Typically the way simon jordan served the writ though. Get himself as much attention as possible.

Advertisement