Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plc courses application

• 30-05-2006 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

i want to do computer engineering but since i dont do higher level maths i was gonna do a post leaving cert course and then go onto a computer engineering course, can anyone recommend me a good course to do that would lead onto computer engineering and does anyone know when application forms have to be sent in for plc courses

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I was also wondering this, in case I fail hons maths or physics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

dunno bout the plc's but i think DCU are starting a new one year introductory course for people who want to do engineering. the year will consist mainly of maths bringing you up to the required level and then guaranteeing you a place on your course. i think they do comp eng. its an extra year but so is a plc and you dont need higher maths. NUIG have their own maths exam during the summer and if you pass that you can still get into their comp eng course. they have past papers and the standard is between higher and ordinary maths. its on the weekend after the leaving cert results and with the help of a few grinds you could possibly pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭deco05ie

whassupp2 wrote:
    dunno bout the plc's but i think DCU are starting a new one year introductory course for people who want to do engineering. the year will consist mainly of maths bringing you up to the required level and then guaranteeing you a place on your course. i think they do comp eng. its an extra year but so is a plc and you dont need higher maths. NUIG have their own maths exam during the summer and if you pass that you can still get into their comp eng course. they have past papers and the standard is between higher and ordinary maths. its on the weekend after the leaving cert results and with the help of a few grinds you could possibly pass.
    wow they sound really good thanks,but is it too late to apply for them now and when is the closing date for plc course applications

Advertisement