Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers Game Nights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

KdjaC wrote:
    LOL@10pm start who be still sober by then :)

kdjac

it gives me an excuse ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Get off my case Keyser!

My mom says I'm cool

She says that to me too, but only with my pants around my ankles :p

Grumps, already said it to Yelpy, he's well up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Is pro Evo defintley next week Fri 9th?

Ps2 i assume so PES5? Whats the max amount of players that can enter ie how many consoles/tvs? Assume its strict over 18s no little bastards who do **** all but play PES5 as their ma uses the ps2 as a babysitter (i was thwomped by a kid repeatedly).

Tank top will be my bitch..... /We away so we can both make it ;p

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

KdjaC wrote:
    Is pro Evo defintley next week Fri 9th?

Ps2 i assume so PES5? Whats the max amount of players that can enter ie how many consoles/tvs? Assume its strict over 18s no little bastards who do **** all but play PES5 as their ma uses the ps2 as a babysitter (i was thwomped by a kid repeatedly).

Tank top will be my bitch..... /We away so we can both make it ;p

kdjac

luckily for you I made the impulse decision to travel to Germany to watch my beloved Argentina in action next weekend, so I won't be about

Get yerself a bleedin xbox and we can settle this once and for all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Fibbers Games

I honestly cant give exact dates as to when the Pro Evo or Mario Kart competitions are on. The managment are installing a new projector downstairs for the games nights so the tournaments that go over time dont conflict with the bands. The Pro Evo night is gonna be a big one and I want that to be the first game I hold downstairs. There wont be time constraints then so more people can enter.

Im just waiting on them.....

• Advertisement

People walking by to the beer garden upstairs cam make everything clogged and annoying. This should be a lot better.

Does anyone here play Mashed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

I honestly cant give exact dates as to when the Pro Evo or Mario Kart competitions are on. The managment are installing a new projector downstairs for the games nights so the tournaments that go over time dont conflict with the bands. The Pro Evo night is gonna be a big one and I want that to be the first game I hold downstairs. There wont be time constraints then so more people can enter.

Im just waiting on them.....

*crosses fingers something will go wrong to hold up the Pro Evo night by a week* :D

I honestly might have to leave it untill the week after next. Its all down the the projector situation.

Its up to fate, mate!

*crosses fingers something will go wrong to hold up the Pro Evo night by a week* :D

Yeah do that......we no game that week :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

She says that to me too, but only with my pants around my ankles :p

Grumps, already said it to Yelpy, he's well up for it.

Good man, but I'm all booked out till the 15th of this month :( But plan on goin to fibbers that night anyway :D

• Advertisement

Crap quality but these guys are amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07CJ3sECeIU

Well maybe not quite enough.

here have a shot o' this

Mario%20kart%20Tourn%20NEW2.jpg

The new projector is downstairs and I hafta say it looks quite beast.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

omg :eek:

I spelled tournament right twice... and then... 3rd time not so lucky. Im WAAYYY to lazy to change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Dakeyras

now if that was double dash i'd play:D
    if that tournament happens i'll be there

Ah it will eventually Im just starting off on the original first.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Dakeyras

well count me in for that one. love that game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm off to the world cup on the 9th :( I'm terrible at mario kart but would have loved to give it a blast anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

My girlfriend is better than me at SNES Mario Kart, so I don't think I'll be wasting anyone's time. Lovely flyer, mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Street fighter III 3rd strike and cvs 2 all the way lads.
    where in the pub does this take place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

That sounds so cool, I have 2 buddies that are pretty good at this too, Ill hope to make it. Its years since I had the SNES version Im off to practice on the N64 as I finish this!

Savage......!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

hey is there a good version of Bomber man for the 64? I remember the SNES one as one of the greatest games ever....but apparently the 64 one is pants, is this true? any one know where I can pick up a copy in town?

Ps roll on a bomber man night!

Im dyin to do bomberman night!

Anyways

Some news :

The good news : All the Friday night games will take place downstairs. on the dancefloor with chairs and a big ass new projector.It seems to be taking off pretty well. A lot of great feedback and some mental stuff to come.

The not so great news : After this Friday (Mario Kart) the prizes wont be the same for a while. It will be a bottle of Jack Daniels or Vodka (I think) for the winner. Im sure I can suss out the cash equivalent for those who arent interested in that. I need to make some money back for Fibbers seeing as they forked out for a brand new projector, screen and a fair bit of games stuff.

I wasnt too happy about this, I hate money talk and all its evils so in my stoner wisdom I came up with this :

As a result of the prize cut by the bosses I gonna do my best to make the deal sweeter by getting tiny trophies made up for the winners too.( jesus hes gone proper mental) Little Marios or Ryus covered in gold paint and varnish on little wodden block with a little gold plate enscribed - Champion of..insert game name here) and the date as well as a t-shirt saying "Im the champion of (insert game here) I hockeyed all y'alls asses - bow to my superiority"

Ill be honest ..I smoke a good bit of the bold stuff...its not that im a proper mentaller, I swear. Ide want a mini trophy and gloating tshirt as well as a bottle of jack..

At the end of the day it is only 3 quid to enter!
    Gwan the mini trophies and tshirts!

Im always tryna make this thing bigger, better and ..well...more surreal.
    Any ideas would be very welcome.

Cheers people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

TBH man, the fact that gaming and beer have been mixed outside of our houses makes this good crack and if the prize is a bottle of whatever then that's cool.

If I wanted a bigger return for my €3 I'd go elsewhere, but I'm not in it for the money, I want to play games, have a few drinks and have the crack with the lads so I'll defo be on for the gaming nights.

Umm would you not get sponsorship for prizes?
    There some people here who could help out if they got a nice little banner with the website/company logo on it.

Game, intel, Sony Ire, Msft Ire, gamestop etc: etc:

All you would need it a big banner above the screen with their logo to seal the deal.

Lemlin has a website www.irishgamer.ie Monument www.gamestoaster.ie also has one, there are others but they work for the above companies :)

Doesnt hurt to ask :) Cant see your bosses caring once the projector is eventually paid for in beer vouchers which it would.

kdjac

:) Im glad theres some understanding there anyways lads cheers.

I thought about sponsorship but Im actually not 100% sure if what Im doing is legal .. SSSHH!!!!

Im sure theres some loophole that I can wrangle to claim that its not illegal. I think Im gonna get onto it anyway it would make my job a lot easier :)

I really hope I get the 32 entries I need for the Mario Kart tournament this Friday. Have to see mt GNR tickets cos I double booked. ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

TBH man, the fact that gaming and beer have been mixed outside of our houses makes this good crack and if the prize is a bottle of whatever then that's cool.

What I was thinkin'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The not so great news : After this Friday (Mario Kart) the prizes wont be the same for a while. It will be a bottle of Jack Daniels or Vodka (I think) for the winner.

Uh-oh! I hope I don't win then. The Tennesee rocket fuel does strange things to me.

Hehehe. I love the stuff. The guy who one the StreetFighter 2 tournament was plastered before coming in. Real funny guy.

just wonderin'...I take it I cant change my name on this board right?. Fibbers Games seemed like a great idea at the time and I know I do advertise perfusly here but its still it annoys me on the odd occasion when Im talking about something else here.

:)

By the way this might be a long shot but would anyone be up for a Speedball 2 tournament?
    I love that game so much. Its me being selfish I know but I deserve it right!!!

• Advertisement

You need to pay to change your name by being a subscriber, using 2 accounts gets you banned.

kdjac

Advertisement