Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers Game Nights

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

just wonderin'...I take it I cant change my name on this board right?. Fibbers Games seemed like a great idea at the time and I know I do advertise perfusly here but its still it annoys me on the odd occasion when Im talking about something else here.

:)

By the way this might be a long shot but would anyone be up for a Speedball 2 tournament?
    I love that game so much. Its me being selfish I know but I deserve it right!!!

First of all you need to be a subscriber to get your name changed.

And stfu about a speedball tournament :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Fibbers Games

Hehehhe understood..

on both points :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think we need another SF2 tournament he only won because he hadn't faced me and my ultra defensive/cheesey Ryu tactics :D

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I think we need another SF2 tournament he only won because he hadn't faced me and my ultra defensive/cheesey Ryu tactics :D

Oh please, I'd whoop you with my eyes closed Retro, go back to sleep and save yourself the embarassment :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lol

Sf2 wannabees....bet you all try sit in corner with ken /ryu and throw fireballs..........pheer the Blanka bitches.....

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    Lol

Sf2 wannabees....bet you all try sit in corner with ken /ryu and throw fireballs..........pheer the Blanka bitches.....

kdjac

Nah I use ryu alright but don't hide behind ****ty fireballs, you shall feel my wrath when I get a "Perfect" on your pathetic soul!!!! :p

I won the last Sf2 tournie on here and intend to win any others im in.

Everyone has a purpose mine is whoop anyone at Sf2....yes im at that good. Im that good i would even let you pick my character be it Dhalsim or Zangief and i would still beat you.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    I won the last Sf2 tournie on here and intend to win any others im in.

Everyone has a purpose mine is whoop anyone at Sf2....yes im at that good. Im that good i would even let you pick my character be it Dhalsim or Zangief and i would still beat you.

kdjac

We'll see my son, we'll see :p

You can pick whoever you want but it'll defo be a good game.

What format was it played on in Fibbers??

We'll see my son, we'll see :p

You can pick whoever you want but it'll defo be a good game.

What format was it played on in Fibbers??

Dunno never been there Boards one was online with Kaillera. Have won many others and if im in i will win this one :D

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Dunno never been there Boards one was online with Kaillera. Have won many others and if im in i will win this one :D

kdjac

Your confidence will be your downfall my young padwan :p

I think I may have to invest in a Snes :D

• Advertisement

Your confidence will be your downfall my young padwan :p

I think I may have to invest in a Snes :D

Can have a lend of mine the day after the contest. With all the Sf2s.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Can have a lend of mine the day after the contest. With all the Sf2s.

kdjac

Kdjac, just shut your god damn wordhole :p

My mission should I choose to accept it is to kick you around, preferably in SF2 but will do it in RL if need be :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance against me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

"Ice cream! Ice Cream!"

Remeber that guy who used to say tjhat during Speedball...that was a savage game!...did it ever turn up on any consoles, I only remeber playing it on mates Amiga.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance against me :D

Well I'm lost!!!! What in the name of Jebus are you talking about???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

was sheng long not some end game boss in some game I cant remeber right now?
    MK or Streets of Rage:confused:

Are you thinking of Fei Long?

Oh come on! It's one of the things Ryu says when he wins a match. How can you even hope to beat me not knowing that.

"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."

Speedball was released on the Mega Drive. Not sure about the SNES.

:rolleyes: Coz I haven't played the game in about 8/9 years apart from the crap 3D version on the playstation.

They want me to throw on a mini tournament upstairs this Thursday. I said Ill just do the Friday because I hadnt had anything advertised....bbuuuttt.

I could do Streetfighter 2 original version on Playstation again if yous guys wanna settle this hehehe. Theres a few people dissapointed they didnt make the last one so It could be done easilt enough.
    I have the regular PS2 joypads or the limited edition SF2 for the people who dont like the other ones. Theyre like a mix between the Megadrive and Snes controllers. 16 player limit cos' I hafta Dj downstairs as usual at 12.
    Bottle of Jack/Whatever for the winner?

• Advertisement

Yeah I should be available depending on what time it starts at?

I wouldn't attempt to use the awful PS controller. It's utterly disgraceful for Capcom games. The limited edition pads are however gorgeous, very similar to the Saturn japanese controllers or as I like to call them, the best damn d-pad controller ever made.

The 9th and 16th aren't great for me because I'll be in Germany but I'll make it down for any other tournaments after that. Maybe can finally get my ass kicked by KdjaC in SF2 unless he chickens out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Thursday bad. Friday bad. :(
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    I wouldn't attempt to use the awful PS controller. It's utterly disgraceful for Capcom games. The limited edition pads are however gorgeous, very similar to the Saturn japanese controllers or as I like to call them, the best damn d-pad controller ever made.

They certainly botched the Xbox version of those pads if the PS2 ones are anything like the Saturn Japanese controllers.

Playstation controller is awful though with that D-pad.

The best d-pad ever for SF2 was the official 6 button joypad released from Sega, best ever!!!!

Ok Ill throw one on upstairs on Thursday from 10pm - 12pm with sixteen players.

Ill put another few random ones on as well as the weekly Friday ones.

Im ordering the ole Xarcade double tomorrow with as many various cable transformers for the different consoles as the have available so that should be ready to go in the next few weeks.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    twoplayer1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

STREET FIGHTER 3 > STREET FIGHTER 2
    comeon.

cvs2 too, any beatem would be good fun,
    or any racing games

Placebo wrote:
    STREET FIGHTER 3
    comeon.

Shut it........Street Fighter 2 Turbo..........end of story!!!!

thats it
    im comming just to kick your ass. :)

Placebo wrote:
    thats it
    im comming just to kick your ass. :)

Meh, I could take you, bring on whoever in whatever SF you want and you'll be crying when I beat you around like the silly little boy that you are!!!!! :p

• Advertisement

Meh, I could take you, bring on whoever in whatever SF you want and you'll be crying when I beat you around like the silly little boy that you are!!!!! :p

clearly over confident.
    il give u a headstart to brush up on your SF3 skills and its on when they decide to play it.
    kdjac dont forget the days on kalliera when u thought i was using macros ;)

Advertisement