Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers Game Nights

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I will also be there, handing out my ass to everyone, lol

Don't you normally do that in the phoenix park on a friday night???? :p:p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

evad_lhorg wrote:
    tank top should be banned. too much of a cheater. scoring cheap goals ;)

ill be there. should be international teams or club teams only.

get off the stage

I know what you're talking about

and I only do it because I know it annoys the **** out of people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Someone over at Gigsmart came up with the idea that every round a coin is tossed to see if its International or Club teams for that match... I think that sounds ok.

Get Winning Eleven 10 and play Random Selection Matches(picks 11 players randomly from leagues clubs or countries or all)

You could have RVn and Henry or Wanchope and Andy Cole.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Just wondering what's up next??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Well I modified the Fibber's Xbox the other day and installed a new 80GB HDD for them so we could be looking at some Mame, Snes, Nes, Mega Drive tournies etc in the near future...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Fibbers Games

Ive been real busy but ill sort out a game for this Thursday and Friday.

Ide say this Friday will be SF2 again because people wont stop asking for it..heheh.

Ive been real busy but ill sort out a game for this Thursday and Friday.

Ide say this Friday will be SF2 again because people wont stop asking for it..heheh.
    Mame version this time though right? Did you get those roms transferred across ok? Ohh hey dude tried to call you the other day but it just called out, I left an auto installer disc behind the downstairs DJ box... it's hidden away somewhere dunno where the other guy put it but it's a branded Sony CD you'll find it hidden away, anyways has about 100 emulators and apps for the Xbox on there that'll install right from the CD.

Enjoy!

I have that sombitch loaded with roms at this stage but Mame ox can be picky as to what it plays. I was in Amsterdam when ya called I think. Im going into Fibbers tonight Ill grab that Cd .. Cheers man.

I have that sombitch loaded with roms at this stage but Mame ox can be picky as to what it plays. I was in Amsterdam when ya called I think. Im going into Fibbers tonight Ill grab that Cd .. Cheers man.
    Yeah Phil was telling me you were in Amsterdam the other night alright. I won't ask eh? ;-)

MameOX can be picky as to what it plays alright but i think the version of it is newer on the disc than the one I put on the HDD (had limited time to get the apps installed and ready that night so I just grabbed what I had to hand) so it should be alright. The DVD2Xbox software is there too so no more muddling about with copying games over this'll do it properly and automatically.

SF2july7th.jpg

We need more people to challenge the seemingly invincible Benson this Friday in the 3rd Fibbers Street Fighter 2 tournament.

This man ALSO walked away with the Soul Calibur 2 trophy leaving 23 other players in the dust.

Fibbers Games will not be moving onto any other Streetfighter titles untill this man is beaten. Its true!!!

The original Street Fighter 2..
    On Playstation 2...
    Three Euro entry...
    Downstairs at 9
    This Friday.
    Fibber Magees of Parnell Street
    A bottle of Jack Daniels for the winner.

If you need to practice ....and you do... Capcom Classics containing the orginal Street Fighter 2 is available from Game and HMV for 25 bills.

July 7th : Benson versus Fibbers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Will only play if the joypads are decent. Standard PS joypads are atrocious for capcom games. I'll probably head down. Been a few years since somebody defeated my cheesy Ryu style.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm still holding out for either a Double Dash or a Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

f-zero gx! ill destroy you all. diddy kong racing too!!!

can you do that snaking crap in mario kart double dash?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

evad_lhorg wrote:
    can you do that snaking crap in mario kart double dash?
    Yep. But I've never been a huge fan of it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament.
    Christ, even id get off my ass and into Dublin for that...

Honestly.. I could hold a Smash Bros tournament and advertise the ****e out of it ..but with a game like that.. I just dont think enough people would turn up for it. Things will change in time hopefully where people will join in any game for the fun of it but.. I cant see it happening right now.

SF2 Anniversary Edition joypads will be available for use on this SF2 bash this Friday too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SF2 Anniversary Edition joypads will be available for use on this SF2 bash this Friday too :)

I'll more than likely be there then, especially if KdjaC is turning up :)

Wait dude thought you said it'd be SF2 on Mame on the Xbox?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

have an Unreal Tournament 2004 competition....!!!!!

ill get me coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Is there anything this Thursday?

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote:
    Wait dude thought you said it'd be SF2 on Mame on the Xbox?

Too many people snubbing the XBox controller for SF2. Still too broke to buy the sticks right now.

Dunno bout this Thursday yet man.

Dunno bout this Thursday yet man.
    Right so fair enough... I might just have to turn up on Friday then aswell :P

Too many people snubbing the XBox controller for SF2. Still too broke to buy the sticks right now.
    Well I still have that S controller you gave me, I can get it to ya for friday night and if you have another S controller yer sorted. I mean cmon.... playing the original arcade rom rather than a rehashed version for the PS2 with loading times...

Ya can't beat the original!

Achilles wrote:
    Well I still have that S controller you gave me, I can get it to ya for friday night and if you have another S controller yer sorted. I mean cmon.... playing the original arcade rom rather than a rehashed version for the PS2 with loading times...

Ya can't beat the original!

The PS2 version is the original emulated. I'd rather play the PS2 version with load times and the excellent anniversary edition controllers than on the xbox with the awful s controller. Four face buttons just aren't enough for capcom games. Since the triggers are next to useless you have to sacrifice 2 attack buttons and thus any aspirations of pulling off combos.

There would be war if people were made use Xbox controllers. Other games it will be fine but trust me when I say.. SF2 fans are very precious about anything that influences a game.

Even worse, it would give them an excuse if they lost.

What rules will be used? Champion edition, hyper fighting or Super SF2 tournament. Want to practice when I get home tonight. Can't take people on with a shaky dragon punch :)

Hyper Fighting seems to draw out better, more exiting matches.

Hrmm... they are the original games emualted yes but they've still been tweaked to a fair extent.

• Advertisement

They seem faithfull enough to me..shurrup!

Super Bomberman(Snes) next Thursday(13th)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dassafact
    Sensible Soccer (Megadrive) on the Friday(14th)!!!!!!!!!!!!! DASSAFACT!
    (various sized Xbox Joypads)

Advertisement