Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibbers Game Nights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

you're a real ho for the podcasts aren't you? :D
    Ha.. well anyone is welcome to do them... I just find it's easier to bring the podcast to boards.ie gatherings than it is to get people to come out to my studio.

I practically introduced podcasting to Ireland anyway. My radio station was the first to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ha.. well anyone is welcome to do them... I just find it's easier to bring the podcast to boards.ie gatherings than it is to get people to come out to my studio.

I practically introduced podcasting to Ireland anyway. My radio station was the first to do it.
    Hrm.... what Radio Station is that?

Achilles wrote:
    Hrm.... what Radio Station is that?
    NEAR fm
    We've been doing the podcast for over a year now... got a nice little write up in the Metro 2 weeks ago too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't really leg it over since it's a table quiz with between work colleagues. Can't let the team down :) Anyway will probably be fairly drunk by 10.

I have to go to Shelbourne Park with my work do... they race little horses there or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Fibbers Games

Dont worry there will be loads more.

Unless ......I get fired...

Nah we should be ok.....

I think.

Dont worry there will be loads more.

Unless ......I get fired...

Nah we should be ok.....

I think.
    There's a chance of the great Helmut getting fired? Man... hell sure is cold...

Ah ya never know. I get mouthy when pissed off and as far as "the customers always right" thing goes ?.. Doesnt wash with me when theyre being saps.
    I do a lot for the place though.. so ..dey best REKOGNIZE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Man, I popped into Fibbers there last night. Sensible Soccer is the most difficult game I've never played before.

It really needs to be played on the original Amiga with a decent joystick. I can't imagine it working too well with an Xbox controller.

• Advertisement

I grew up with it on the Megadrive so Im all for the pads.

Some spanish dude won it last night. He was sound.

I grew up with it on the Megadrive so Im all for the pads.

Some spanish dude won it last night. He was sound.
    Finally... something Benson isn't good at! :P

I was there on Thursday for bomberman myself but I wasn't really that good at it, haven't played it in about 8 years... didn't catch any of the more recent sequals either. T'was a laugh tho...

Still I'd like if the next one started on time ;-)

Ide like if the bloke who modded the xbox didnt put a pic of his face on the loading screen :D . Ya toolbag!

smashbrosmelee.jpg

You should definetly do a Smash Bros. Melee tournament FG. I could haul a few people over and I'd even donate my Gamecube for the night.

Now which one am I better with again... Marth or Roy?

Smash Bros Melle will take place soon enough Ide say.

But this Thursday...

MORLAT%20KOTBAM.jpg

And for those who cant load that stupid big poster thats Mortal Kombat 2 this Thursday at 10pm :)

There will also be an interesting Columns Face-Off between two girls from Myspace who are both convinced they are unbeatable at the game. Thats at about half 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Ah bollocks, Mortal Kombat rocks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It may not be street fighter 2 but if I can make it I'll head down. I'm bloody awful at MK2 though. It better be the arcade version we are playing. The console versions, especially the god awful megadrive one, aren't the best and have many of the juggle combos removed.

Oh yea, I have yet to grace one of the Street Fighter II tournos (missed all of them!) so one in the future wouldn't be too shabby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

No chance of a smackdown tourny then?

• Advertisement

Myself and others were talking about this today... perhaps something like a racing game would make for a light hearted tournie. Need for Speed perhaps, or Sega Rally, something of that ilk.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It better be the arcade version we are playing.

The Midway Arcade Treasures 3 version with the Double XArcades

If anyone has any decent fighting games (especially the Capcom ,Snk,Marvels) for Xbox thats heading could ya bring it in so I can.. eh .. test it on my xbox quickly...

The Midway Arcade Treasures 3 version with the Double XArcades

If anyone has any decent fighting games (especially the Capcom ,Snk,Marvels) for Xbox thats heading could ya bring it in so I can.. eh .. test it on my xbox quickly...
    He doesn't mean anything at all people ;-)

I didnt say that! Jaysus. This is Boards.ie theyll have my account.

Man they issue their little stern warnings when you post something in the wrong subcatagory of the wrong subcatagory

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i saw nuffin...

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    i saw nuffin...
    See? He saw nothing ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Wouldnt mind a racing game myself... Missed sensible soccer :(

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What's the new Micromachines like? The old ones were great with a few mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Apparently you shouldn't play it if you liked the old versions - arsed it up!

🤪

• Advertisement

"Mashed Fully Loaded > Any Micro Machines game" = Fact

Sorry but ..tried and tested with MM fans.. MFL is best!

Advertisement