Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtex Open Source ESB

Options
  • 30-05-2006 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Has anybody used Celtix Enterprise Service Bus either in Academic or Commerfial projects? It's an open source project from Iona technologies made available through the ObjectWeb project
    http://www.iona.com/opensource/celtix/

It seems quite a powerful tool and integrates well with Eclipse. I'm going to be using it as part of a proof of concept of adding semantic features to services within a Service Oriented Framework.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭adrian.s

Hi There,

If you are going to be using Celtix, then I'd recommend that you subscribe to some of the mail aliases that the team use.

You can get all the details from the Celtix homepage on objectweb:

http://celtix.objectweb.org/.

You'll find the developers very helpful if you have any problems.

I personally would be very interested to hear how you get on with it as I'm going to be working with the team over the next few months to deliver eclipse tooling for the project. It's good to know what tasks people are using the product for in order to get good tools in place to support them.

Regards,
    Adrian Skehill

UI Team Lead,
    IONA Technologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Hi Adrian,

I was actually put onto using it by one of your guys, a chap called William Henry. At the moment I'm just completing the basic tutorials getting myself up to speed on WSDL, etc again. I'll let you know how I get on using it for this project.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

adrian.s, whats your feeling re Irish players in this market. At the moment Iona and Polarlake are making good grounds. Its encouraging that these companies have the potential to be leading players in SOA. I've worked with Webmethods, while they done very well with their EAI model they are slow to adapt the ESB model that other companies seem to have a head start on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

whats your feeling re Irish players in this market.

Cape Clear also based in D4 seem to be doing well also.

Advertisement