Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those new navy faculty hoodies

Options
  • 30-05-2006 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

I've seen people wearing dark blue/navy hoodies with the UCD crest on the left breast and underneath the faculty name, so far for both engineering and microbiology... just wondering can all faculties get them and what's the deal? They look pretty nice, give a bit of faculty regonition and so forth.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Most faculties sell them. You can definitely get commerce ones. I'm not sure about law or arts, but sure you could always set up a business doing it if you wanted to get some printed up. You'd get a fairly good markup out of it if you printed enough of them (which you could do, because you could sell the same ones for a few years running).

If you do do that, make sure you put the right schools and colleges on them rather than faculties!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yea vets have their own range of gear. Hoodies, jackets, gilets, etc. Funny when you see a bunch of them together and they're all dressed a like. bit like the Comm girls, just without the fake bake and ugg boots....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The Archaeology Society do a pretty snazzy green hoody . I havnt got mine yet. Ill steal a Belfield Fm one, the red brings out my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeah i seen a nursing one yesterday. Never seen an arts one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i couldn't see myself wearing an arts hoodie to be honest. a school of english and drama one would be pretty cool though.

• Advertisement

I bet the arts Hoodies would be orange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Grimes wrote:
    The Archaeology Society do a pretty snazzy green huddy . I havnt got mine yet.

Why thank you - well actually thank enda for the colour - keith and i were going to change it but enda refused - good choice enda. Everyone should have got there hoodies by now...... they were in the reading room for ages.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Can you get Commerce ones? I've only ever seen branded Quinn stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Comp sci are getting these.

I have to admit I have one already :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Can you get Commerce ones? I've only ever seen branded Quinn stuff.

Most faculties sell them. You can definitely get commerce ones.

read thread, then post :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

It was a shocked question. I saw his comment but questioned it.

Pah!

Pffft.

By the way your location thingy is mingtastic.

OT: I'd wear an Arts one, I'm that sad.

I wouldn't wear an arts one, maybe a subject orientated one.
    Actually i don't really like hoodies that much, i'd probably steer clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Most faculties sell them. You can definitely get commerce ones. I'm not sure about law or arts, but sure you could always set up a business doing it if you wanted to get some printed up. You'd get a fairly good markup out of it if you printed enough of them (which you could do, because you could sell the same ones for a few years running).

If you do do that, make sure you put the right schools and colleges on them rather than faculties!
    I hate you stealing my idea!Grrr:D

That was my plan for next year...I've already done research and even have quite a few people interested [they're gonna be ubercool Irish ones:)]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Can you get faculty hoodies even though there are no faculties? Ive seen some quinn school stuff myself but havent seen the commerce / college of business and law stuff

I like happycrackhead's Cloning & Eugenics T-shirt. Might make my own this year myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

grimes posting at 0636... you better have an exam this morning or thats FAR too early/late!

I've got my last exam (number 10) at 11.15... bioinformatics, genomics and proteomics. It's so hard to get motivated for it, the last one is always a pain in the ass.

Maybe if they gave me a free hoody for completing all my exams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

oooooooooooo i want one!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

As sad as it sounds (and I am sad so its ok!), I would love a College of Business and Law hoodie!

Definately not interested in a school of medicine and medical science hoodie - i have a radiography one and i'm in charge of organising rad soc ones, dont' really want the other kind, medical science, yes i am but it just sounds stupid.

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote:
    That was my plan for next year...I've already done research and even have quite a few people interested [they're gonna be ubercool Irish ones:)]

Oooooooh irish hoodies! Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A Comp Sci one with something nerdy on it would be funny :)

No matter where or when, think surge protection.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Why thank you - well actually thank enda for the colour - keith and i were going to change it but enda refused - good choice enda. Everyone should have got there hoodies by now...... they were in the reading room for ages.....

It helps if they actually ordered one.... :)

I wonder what colour they will pick next year? Seeing as the auditor elect is a girly..... *dont tell her I said that... she'll kill me!!!!*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Preferably something involved an AND gate ....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Maybe this...
    484bgBlack.jpg
    or this...
    2bgBlack.jpg
    or this...
    noplace.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

i like the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

There really needs to be an Arts hoodie there would be good money in that actually!

boneless wrote:
    It helps if they actually ordered one.... :)

I wonder what colour they will pick next year? Seeing as the auditor elect is a girly..... *dont tell her I said that... she'll kill me!!!!*

I didn't deal with ordering - i take no responsibility.... teehee, we had noice hoodies. Even if i ended up with a medium *glares at person who stole my small*

Fi and I have already had discussions about colours....... we're big on red at the moment....... oh yeah....... and even better I got the red heads agreement on having red..... dontcha know i'm cunning as a fox.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I didn't deal with ordering - i take no responsibility.... teehee, we had noice hoodies. Even if i ended up with a medium *glares at person who stole my small*

Fi and I have already had discussions about colours....... we're big on red at the moment....... oh yeah....... and even better I got the red heads agreement on having red..... dontcha know i'm cunning as a fox.

Red will scare the wildlife away... we'll all look like something from the Brothers Grimm...:)

Advertisement