Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamp?

Options
  • 30-05-2006 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm a major clamp fan, CCS, xxholic and of course Tsubasa
    anybody else in the same boat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

I would be on that boat too. But I've only really started reading the CLAMP stuff, like Chobits is the only series I have on my book shelf at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Obsidian~eyes

i actually havent read any Clamp yet although i have got CardCaptor Sakura the manga on CD but still havent got a chance to get to it

Chobits has such a good storyline, i think i'll have to give it a go next

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Only starting to realize of late how good Clamps stuff is. Im big fan of X and Tsubasa...which reminds as soon as i have internet access at home ill have to start downloading more Tsubasa. Wouldnt mind checking out Chobits and XXXHolic, anyone seen these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

carbonkid wrote:
    Only starting to realize of late how good Clamps stuff is. Im big fan of X and Tsubasa...which reminds as soon as i have internet access at home ill have to start downloading more Tsubasa. Wouldnt mind checking out Chobits and XXXHolic, anyone seen these?
    You can get them in Easons, the one in town surprisingly has a huge collection.

i was so surprised to see Easons selling Manga, its great though and about time too :D
    i think i'm more of a Tsubasa veteran rather than xxhoilic cos the fansubbed xxholic series only started on youtube a while ago and of course big kitty Fai won me over from Tsubasa! ^_^
    the xxholic anime series is hilarious well i think so :o Watanuki is too cute for words :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

A large amount of the people who were going to AMS during semester were Tsubasa fans.. damn I just sick of it as they kept playing it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dreh

Have u guys seen Magical Knight Rayearth?
    Its pretty good as well!! :cool:

They have also Angelic Layer but I just watched a couple of episodes and I cant say if its good or not.

But X definitely its the best one! At least the one with the best fights!

i hadnt seen or heard Magical Knight Rayearth before whats it about?

X looks awesome! its been on my purchase list for a while now :D but i havent seen any yet :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dreh

Magical Knight Rayearth is about 3 japanese girls that go to another world (rayearth) and there they become some magical knights to protect the world against some evil guys that want to rule the world (or its something like that.. i dont remember it well cause i watched it ages ago)

I never saw anything about them over here! I just watched and read some mangas in Brazil! But probably u can find some stuff in american websites!

U can check this website! http://rayearth.astraldream.net/
    Enjoy it !

oooh thanks! i'll definitly check it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

There's also the criminally overlooked Tokyo Babylon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Cosine

Since there was a nice bit o support here I took a look see at Tsubasa :D I've also seen a few CCS episodes a while back and the chobits series.

All very nice work

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

Oh wow, people buying manga as the only means to read a series...I buy manga these days cause I'm a huge fan of the anime/manga, so I do it to show support...
    Anyways, Clamp pwn. I <3 CCS, Chobits, Tsubasa Chronicles, Wish, X and all their other stuff.
    Yay Clamp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Neo Android

The only manga i have read of clamp is the Chobit series. Volumes 1-8, I am currently trying to find some more of there work, all there storylines have such strong plots and characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

I thinks Clamp's stuff is amazing. Their stuff which I like is vastly superior to most of the other comics (manga or otherwise) which I read. Cardcaptor Sakura is my favourite comic of any genre ever and it has been for many years, which is unusual considering 1. I'm 26 and 2. a lot of the other stuff I read contains monsters/violence etc. That's just how good it is - the art, storyline and characters ar all so great I don't need mad violent monster plotlines to keep me interested. Or maybe I'm just a soppy person at heart...:o

I also love Xxxholic (I have 1 to 5) and intend to get into Tsubasa. I finally caved and got the first 2 volums of Chobits the other day (2 for the price of 1 in Easons in Athlone!) I was reluctant because I felt the whole "robot girlfriend" concept was vaguely (or maybe reeeeally) sexist. Anyways, loving Clamp the way I do I thought I'd give it a go. I'm quite liking it (though there are bits which are totally catering to the paedos in the audience, but hey, it's Clamp). It's not as good a CCS though. Will anything ever be that good again?...

I thought Clover had fantastic art but the characters didn't really blow me away. So far I haven't really been arsed to get anything past volume 1. And that's despite there being the ever popular (if you're a girl) pervy gay baddie torments bishie hero plot device! I suppose even with all the right ingredients something might not necessarly do it for you.

I don't like Rayearth at all. Neither the art style nor the plot. I didn't care about the characters either.

In general though Clamp are ace.

Advertisement