Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Runtime error?

• 30-05-2006 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread but apologies if it is...

The problem is that anytime I open IE, a window comes up stating

A Runtime Error has occurred.
    Do you wish to debug?

Line: 25
    Error: Object expected

and offering a click "yes/no" option...

Can anyone offer any help? I'm sorry but I'm a novice when it comes to these things! Help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

Internet Explorer is displaying this message because it has encountered this error when trying to run some JavaScript on the page.

Possible causes:

The problem may be related not with the site but with the contents of Internet Explorer’s cache. Try deleting all of Internet Explorers temporary files > Tools > Internet Options ... > Delete Files and then refresh the page view

The page contains a genuine JavaScript error. (Most likely - bad programming)

This error can be disabled:
    1. Within Internet Explorer select > Tools > Internet Options’.
    2. Select the ‘Advanced’ tab.
    3. Tick the option ‘Disable script debugging’ (under ‘Browsing’).
    4. For the setting change to take effect close down all Internet Explorer windows and restart.
    What site are you browsing when you get the error?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Whats ur homepage?

Try Running Spybot as spyware tends to mess with stuff like this
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

Let us know if that helps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

It happens with any site, though not with my homepage (Google). Thanks for the help! I'll let ye know how it goes! Thanks again!

Advertisement